Replies

• tallmaclady
    tallmaclady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wheat thins and pita crackers.....
  • Nicoodlenoodle
    Nicoodlenoodle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How many calories is in that it sounds delicious !
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What section of the grocery store do you find the laughing cow cheese. I hear people here talking about it all the time, but I've never seen it in the store. Can you give me the idea of the calorie count per ounce?

They are not in the' regular' dairy area (milk, packaged cheese slices, yogurt), usually.

Typically these are found where the "specialty" cheeses are (brie, fancy cheddars and cheese spreads, merkts cheddar, feta, etc).

I only just bought one of these for the first time today - bought the Queso Fresco one, have yet to try, might try with some triscuits for a post workout snack this evening.
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    On toast with breakfast.

2 egg white omelet with mushrooms and 2 pieces of village hearth light 40 calorie 12 grain bread toasted with 1 wedge of the queso chipotle fresco cheese spread between both pieces.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I cut baby carrots lengthwise (so they have a flat scooping surface) and then I scoop at the cheese. :)
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    -crackers
    -bagels
    -toast
    -sandwiches
    -my favorite : mix it with some cucumber slices, spread it on a whole wheat wrap, some lettuce, some sandwich meat, and roll it up! Amazzzingnessss!!!! :)
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked this stuff. :\ Maybe I'll try it again and see if my taste buds have changed their minds lol.
  • shellykakouris
    Options
    I have found it near the deli and in with cheeses (more by specialty cheese) Some stores don't refrigerated it. Wherever you find Baby bell, you should find Laughing Cow. (In a round cardboard container).

Typically, each wedge is35 calories. One wedge is enough for 12 or more special K crackers.....a great addition to lunch, or a snack!
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    (Swiss) Spread over a tortilla, shredded mozzarella stick, and topped with another tortilla. Brown on both sides and I have a quesadilla.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese sandwiches. Spray bread with EVOO instead of butter. Yum!! So creamy. :love:
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    All the above ideas and more. I use Laughing Cow anywhere you'd use cream cheese. WWW.Hungry-girl.com has tons of recipes that use LC cheese, (and lots of other good ideas as well). You can make a fake alfredo with LC cheese. That is worth checking out! Hungry Girl calls it Girlfredo, but guys like it too!
  • pacosal
    pacosal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I melt a Blue Cheese Laughing Cow over a cooked chicken breast then douse the whole thing with hot sauce.....or I hollow a tomato half then put in a Blue Cheese Laughing Cow....
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    Bump... I love me some laughing cow!!!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump and drool!
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I spread them on sweet potato wheat thins...sometimes top it with smoked oysters...yummmmmy!
    Wait...stop everything!

SWEET POTATO Wheat Thins????

Why was I not informed of this development????? Why have you all been keeping this from me??? What did I do????

Ditto.
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like both the french onion and the garlic herb on Kavli crispbreads or in a wrap with turkey and spinach.
  • adreeea
    adreeea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump because all these ideas sound so yummy!
  • chadgard
    chadgard Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My wife really likes to dip popcorn in the garlic herb. I enjoy it, too, but she really loves it.

It works a little better with "mushroom" popcorn - it's got much bigger kernels that are more spherically shaped for less crumbling when you dip.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    What do you eat your Laughing Cow cheese with? crackers, celery, etc? i'm looking for ideas

Whole grain crackerbreads with salad, in mash potato, jacket potatoes, inside homemade burgers, in pasta.