Feeling Tired and Drained

Options
13»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I never said I wasn't going to take the advice. I appreciate it and that's why I posted this. I was just stating a fact that I do eat and have never felt like I don't eat enough. But apparently I don't so I will try to incorporate a little more into my daily caloric intake. every thing else but MFP shows I should be getting at least 1550 calories a day. It doesn't seem like much more but I guess I will start with that. I am still new to this and trying to learn how to do this the right and healthy way. So again, I appreciate the advice! And this may be a stupid question but again, I'm still trying to figure all this out. Is the 1550 what I should eat daily without exercise or total? Did I need to be eating the calories back that I burn as well?
    Sorry if I came off as harsh.

The 1550 is your net total without exercise. Most likely you should still be eating your exercise calories back, or at least most of them.
  • momin0209
    Options
    I noticed you like horses and that you lost 100 lbs. Please tell me your secret. I have been at 217 for 5 years now and I am always on the move so not sure what to do.
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My BMR shows 1609 and my TDEE shows 2550 so how do I figure how many calories I truly need to be eating daily? I really do need all the help I can with this! I want to do this the right way!
    Thanks again for any advice
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Did you recently participate in the time change? I just mentioned on my feed how awful time changes make me feel. It's just an hour, but it's rough.

I was going to suggest the same. I'm still up and it's 12:37. Can't seem to get in sync with the hours, and spring sports for the kids are starting up, draining time. I love it, but again...out of sync! I drank some half caf tonight just to make it through the evening, now I'm having trouble winding down after a workout. Maybe we'll level out! I bought a B vitamin chewable to add to my regular to try to help it's been so notable.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I will definitely try to up my calories a bit. I figured that could also be why I haven't been lolsing weight for a while either even though I bust my butt working out everyday. And my job consists of constant walking all day

Jeez, woman, I get dizzy just reading your post about your weekly ongoings! :laugh:

Eat more, push yourself less, because honestly I think you're not only burning the candle on both ends but dowsing the thing in gasoline and watching it explode. And, I think it's finally catching up with you by way of good old-fashioned burnout.

Maybe give yourself a break and take a vacation or something.

At the very least go up to eating at BMR and then see how you feel. That much of a deficit over that long a period of time isn't healthy. Ideally, to lose weight you need to be eating someplace between your TDEE and BMR on a regular, long-term basis. Once you get to maintenance, eat at/around TDEE.

TDEE -20% still puts you at 2040 kcals, so you can safely work your way towards upping things by about 800 kcals/daily and still end up losing weight to the tune of about a pound a week because you'll still be at a solid deficit. So if you aim for about 2000 kcals a day then you won't have to worry about eating exercise calories back and getting lost in too many details with all that logging and tracking.

Edit: Never mind, somebody posted the Roadmap already. Solid advice there!
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    I noticed you like horses and that you lost 100 lbs. Please tell me your secret. I have been at 217 for 5 years now and I am always on the move so not sure what to do.

not sure what the horses have to do with anything, but it caught my eye!
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

not sure what the horses have to do with anything, but it caught my eye!
    LOL, I wondered the same thing but I noticed there is a lady on the 1st page of these comments who has a horse in her profile pic and her tracker shows she's lost 100lbs