What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• JessiAnn88
    JessiAnn88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a breakfast sandwhich with 2 slices of wheat toast, a fried egg some cheese and spinach, if I really need a "stay fuller longer day" (like when i know i won't have lunch for a bit) I'll add some advocado too. Another favorite is a slice of wheat bread with peanut butter, honey and blackberries or blueberries yum!
  • supergirljen
    Options
    I am kind of obsessed with egg and cheese sandwiches.

One whole egg, 2 egg whites scrambled with 1/2 oz shredded cheese and 1 tbs light mayo on Sara Lee 45 cal wheat toast.
    284 calories
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    1 Roll Arnold Sandwhich thins in "flax and fiber", toasted
    2 tbsp Maranatha crunchy no stir almond butter
    1 banana

Or-

1 Breakstone cottage cheese cup w/ active cultures
    1 cup raspberries

Or-

1 Mini cinnamon raison bagel, toasted
    1/2 Mashed banana as a topping (instead of butter)
  • amye004
    amye004 Posts: 32
    Options
    My breakfast during the week is 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 cup oatmeal (I just buy plain oats and cook it that way, no packets/flavours) with 1/4 cup raspberries, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, and 1 Tbsp cinnamon.

Keeps me full for quite a long time.
  • mas1989
    mas1989 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    During week - usually a low-fat wheat waffle with1 T peanut butter(180 cal), Great value egg, cheese and canadian bacon english muffin(think 205 or 210 cal), greek yogurt with walnuts, half a bagel with pimento cheese or breakfast bar
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake:

1 scoop Trutein protein powder (120 cals, 25 g. protein, 1 g. sugar)
    1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (80 cals, 15 g. protein, 4 g. sugar)
    1 cup cold water
    1-2 cups ice
    pinch of Xanthan gum (5 cals) - this is the secret ingredient!

TOTAL CALS: 205, TOTAL PROTEIN: 40 grams. This makes a huge 32 oz smoothie that will fill you up completely!!

I place the ice in the blender, then the cottage cheese & Xanthan gum. I shake the water and protein to pre-mix then add to blender. Fire that sucker up and if needed will drizzle more water in if it's too thick.

The Xanthan gum is literally a miracle worker when it comes to thickening up this smoothie - thick as in Wendy's frosty style thick! It's a natural product found wherever Bob's Red Mill products are sold.
  • kcook323
    kcook323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am not much of a breakfast eater. I have to force myself to eat....unless of course there were donuts, chicken biscuit, etc....but since those are things I'm trying to avoid at this time (foods like that cause me to crave more, then I just end up out of control with food again). Just this week I tried Oats in a Jar. I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal, and prefer steel cut oats. So, I really enjoyed this. I dubbed it Oatmeal Cookie in a Jar.

Add and stir
    1 cup steel cut oats
    2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
    in a jar and place in the fridge overnight.

Stir and then measure 1/2 cup oats, and a little of the milk in a bowl. Add
    1/2 tsp brown sugar splenda (I stir it in real good before adding the next two ingredients)
    1/2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
    1 tbsp raisins
    Stir and Enjoy for 256 calories! I eat it cold, but I guess if you prefer, you can heat the oats up first. You can Google this, there are tons on the web! Some recipes call for Rolled Oats instead of Steel Cut.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    2 eggs over easy/scrambled and 2 slices of bacon, with a piece of fruit.

OR

a bowl of yogurt with fruit (bananas, berries) and chia seeds.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    The answer to this question is always: Pop Tarts. :heart:
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Is that No-Oat oatmeal Gluten free by chance? Just curious.....and where do you find it? Thx
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The answer to this question is always: Pop Tarts. :heart:

^^^ every time^^^^ :laugh:
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    A high protein breakfast (turkey sausage and eggs) keeps me full for quite a bit but I get tired of it and prefer not to start my day with so much salt.

Lately I have been enjoying oatmeal since I'm not restricting carbs as much. I do plain instant oats, sweetened with a little splenda, about 1/2 oz of french vanilla almond granola, some chopped up apple and sprinkle cinnamon on top-amazing!
  • amadcow
    amadcow Posts: 1
    Options
    i have 3 different go-to's for breakfast:

i like oatmeal with blueberries and nuts. i am trying to get away from raw sugar, so i have been adding maple syrup. i love starbucks oatmeal.

i have been trying to eat more greek yogurt, to keep me from getting hungry again so fast and to get the probiotics, but i hate the texture. so, i do greek yogurt, crushed up walnuts (carful, very high calorie but healthy fats), maple syrup, and frozen peach slices! so so yum!

i found a recipe on pinterest where you put egg whites in a muffin tin with some veggies and meat tossed in, bake it on 350 for 20-25 min. they are awesome! you get little egg white patties that you can use all week!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a 1/2 cup of raw oats (don't like the texture of cooked oatmeal or refrigerator oatmeal) with a 1/2 cup of 2% milk and 1/2 cup of diced apple. And a hard boiled egg.

Another common breakfast for me is a chocolate green smoothie - 2 c spinach, 1/2 c plain yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 TBS unsweetened cocoa, 1 TBS natural Peanut butter.
  • abbasdert
    Options
    A nice bowl of porridge oats, with vanilla essence and some agave nectar :tongue:
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    Breakfast burritos are a great idea. You can make a whole pan full of them ahead of time and freeze them for later!

Sometimes I have breakfast burritos, sometimes clif bars, sometimes a two degree bar, and sometimes something more complicated (french toast, omelet, homemade oatmeal, salmon, etc). I try to stay away from cereal because it leaves me craving more food and sugar.
  • workinprogress1533
    Options
    The thing that fills me up the most is whole wheat toast (I love the honey wheat berry bread) with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter and a banana. It's delicious! And easy to make at work.
    I also enjoy mushrooms and spinach sauteed in olive oil and garlic and then I add one whole egg and a couple egg whites and some Frank's hot sauce or Buffalo sauce. Then when it's done I add some cheese. It's absolutely delicious, just takes longer. I sometimes have that for lunch or dinner.
  • leslieirving1970
    leslieirving1970 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have (at advice from my pt) a 125g lean steak and 25g of almonds! Took me a few days to get used to it but it is brilliant! Makes me feel great and sustains me to lunch. Im currently on a cal def and have recently started to do weight training.
    Here is a link that may help...
    www.charlespoliquin.com%2FArticlesMultimedia%2FArticles%2FArticle%2F270%2FThe_Meat_and_Nut_Breakfast.aspx&h=XAQGEx3Xg
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Time to think outside the box. There is no rule that says you have to have 'breakfast' food (cereal, eggs, oatmeal, etc). For me, it depends on what time I eat. If I eat early, say before 9am then it's cottage cheese plus a typical breakfast-type item but if I eat later (like today) then it's whatever I have on hand with an emphasis on protein since that's the toughest macro for me to hit. 'Breakfast' today was a BBQ Chicken Pita/Panini.
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    On Tuesdays and Thursdays I love my breakfasts. My morning starts early on those days, I leave for work about 6am, so I have two mini breakfasts. The first is usually either egg whites cooked up (if I have the time) or like today, I had a rice cake with a wedge of the sun-dried tomato laughing cow cheese and a slice of turkey breast. After I get to work, I fill my coffee cup and drink that down before diving into my serving of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt and a serving of berries or other fruit.
    The volume of food is incredible - and it rounds out to just over 300 calories.