What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• sara0ann
    sara0ann Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, ground flax seed (if you add chia seeds this will also help you stay full!), a little bit of agave nectar and berries or other fruit.

Or a smoothie with protein powder, almond milk and frozen mango.

If I have extra time then egg white omelettes !

If I'm thinking ahead, I used a container of plain egg whites, goat cheese and roasted red pepper and put it in the oven- it's like a crustless quiche! Full of protein and so very yummy! Also will last a few days!

:)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    These are my typical breakfasts:

Cereal with milk. I know you said you were over cereal because of the sweetness, but there are a lot of non-sweet cereals out there that taste great.

Ham, shredded cheese, 2 scrambled eggs - served with toast or bagel, or wrapped in a tortilla (remove meat and add salsa for Mexican style)

Ham or turkey with cheese and a Laughing Cow wedge on a bagel.

2 scrambled eggs with turkey sausage links and toast or bagel

2 frozen whole grain waffles with turkey sausage links

And always a cup of coffee. Any of these breakfasts keep me full for hours. I like my sandwiches and wraps hot, so I always put them on the Foreman grill to get them hot and melty.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    These are my typical breakfasts:

Cereal with milk. I know you said you were over cereal because of the sweetness, but there are a lot of non-sweet cereals out there that taste great.

Ham, shredded cheese, 2 scrambled eggs - served with toast or bagel, or wrapped in a tortilla (remove meat and add salsa for Mexican style)

Ham or turkey with cheese and a Laughing Cow wedge on a bagel.

2 scrambled eggs with turkey sausage links and toast or bagel

2 frozen whole grain waffles with turkey sausage links

And always a cup of coffee. Any of these breakfasts keep me full for hours. I like my sandwiches and wraps hot, so I always put them on the Foreman grill to get them hot and melty. Today I made corn waffles and had them with turkey sausage links.
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling to find a tasty breakfast but one that will also keep me full longer. I have done cereal (which I am so over the sweetness) and now I have tried deli meat on its own and wrapped in a tortilla with cheese. But nothing is exciting my taste buds. I was thinking of a breakfast burrito and making it the night before but not sure what to put in it.

Any suggestions? Ideas?

I eat brown sugar oatmeal every morning it keeps me full until my 10am snack. My breakfast time 7am
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I usually have low fat yogurt (vanilla is my fav), fruit, and a string cheese stick. Every now and then I switch it up by having a scrambled egg omelet (my own recipe of whole egg, bacon bits, shredded cheese) on either a muffin or a sandwich round.

The egg sandwich is more calories than I normally do, but it keeps me fuller longer and I don't find myself wanting to snack as much as normal.

On weekends when I have more time, I love a bowl of oatmeal with butter and brown sugar.

These are my go to items because they are quick and easy to fix.
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    Green smoothie!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Almond milk protein shakes --nearly everyday for 2 years here. I change up the flavor & ingredients for my mood which means chocolate peanut butter lots of mornings.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Last night I pre-made my oatmeal in the form of a casserole dish. Cut them in to single serving sizes, and popped them in the fridge for ready-to-eat breakfasts!

I added 3 cups oats, vanilla protein powder (3 scoops), one egg, PB2(3 tbsp) (or almond/peanut butter), apple sauce (from 3 apples), cinnamon and some almond milk + water to get the right consistency. Then topped with more PB2, cinnamon and thinly sliced apples.

Baked in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 mins. (This made 8 single servings).

It's really easy to modify too! In the mornings, I usually microwave it with some almond milk and water to soften it up to oatmeal consistency again. Or, I can pack it to-go as a solid square to munch on if I'm in a rush.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    The answer to this question is always: Pop Tarts. :heart:

Pop Tarts & ice cream
  • Dona_Maria
    Dona_Maria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This is my breakfast today...

1 pouch of oatmeal or cream of wheat
    1 yogurt
    3 oz of lunch meats
  • Lemonade2013
    Options
    40g blue cheese with a fruit salad consisting of a pear, an orange and some miniature marinated figs in juice - yum!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oatmeal with cinnamon and walnuts & Scrambled egg beaters w/bell pepper (not IN the oatmeal! lol) or an Ole Extreme Wellness spinich wrap with scrambled egg beaters, onion, bell pepper and laughing cow garlic herb cheese. YUM!
  • rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Today I had two hard-boiled eggs mashed with half an avocado, a little salt and sriracha hot sauce in half a whole wheat pita pocket. Super filling :smile:
  • janiedoe14
    janiedoe14 Posts: 117
    Options
    I like the liquid egg with black beans, shredded cheese and chili powder. You can make an omelet and top it with salsa!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every day:

Vanilla Almond Milk
    Banana
    Cashew Butter
    Whey Protein
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    I eat egg muffins! yummy, filling and easy since I make them on Sundays.
    1 container of mushrooms chopped
    1 container of baby spinach
    1 cup of chopped onions
    5 eggs, 5 egg whites
    Cheese of your choice... I use a little mozzerella

sautee the mushrooms and onions, I use a little butter! set aside and then sautee the spinach and drain excess water.
    stir veggies into eggs and add a little cheese and any spices you would like. pour mixture into greased muffin pan. cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375.

I eat 2 and depending on what ingrediants i use it comes to about 140 calories.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    The answer to this question is always: Pop Tarts. :heart:

Pop Tarts & ice cream

I would like to ammend my answer to pop tart milkshakes.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My main breakfast staples:
    Dave's Killer Bread (Good Seed or 21 grains)
    Adam's organic crunchy peanut butter
    fruit
    plain Greek yogurt
    almonds
    almond milk

Everyday is a little different but these are the foods that my breakfasts usually consist of.
  • BonnieFife
    BonnieFife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Im no breakfast fan, but for breakfast i have a low fat yoghurt or a greek yoghurt & a big glass of juice, its enough to keep me going but if your struggling opt for something high in fibre to keep you fuller longer like porridge, branflakes, weetabix these are all boring i know but you could add some berries to these to spice it up a bit or some cinnamon to the porridge. Have a glass of water or orange, cranberry juice beforehand and a glass afterwards :)
  • krzykt75
    krzykt75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I make 'egg muffins' on the weekend and then eat them for breakfast all week. I use 6 eggs & a cup of liquid egg whites, a bit of shredded cheese and some sliced up ham, tons of veggies - cook them in muffin tins (I use the the big ones and it makes 6). I usually just heat one up for breakfast and have it plain but some days I cut them in half and put them into a 6" tortilla with salsa. The kids love them too - quick healthy breakfast.