why is posting pictures of legs banned

Options

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Also, the mods deemed it necessary to not only remove this picture entirely from my profile, but also delete all of my PM's in my inbox.

Jobsworth :laugh:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is an internet forum for fitness. Many people here enjoy showing the progress they've made using the site. I know I sure used to.

But just as many, if not more people here are jealous, insecure, and spiteful. They can't imagine that you'd be posting results you've earned for any other reason than to boast/sexually lure innocents/try to be a "cool kid".

And those people win on this site every. Single. Time.

so you are allowed to acheive progress just dont dare show it.. especially in the forums.. is that the cliffs notes version?

^This but it only applies to men. Women in 'bikinis' are fine. I call sexism!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I betcha it was the mod Olivia.<-- this is a period fyi mod.

I second that. She took offense to my screen name too. Shes scary looking too.

Well that's completely f'ing uncalled for. You hear how handsome you are on a constant basis? I didn't think so.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    were they short boxers?

were you "peeking"?

re-post, we'll tell you why it was removed... ;)

no they were ok boxers i jus posted it to show my quads
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I remember a while back some guy posted a thread looking for critique on his legs - I think he was wearing shorts, but they were quite short or he had them pulled up to show his quads (that was the point of the thread after all) and he got loads of posts about how 'gross and pervy' it was and one complaining it was 'not safe for work'.

I wondered if the person who said it wasn't safe for work worked in Kabul or somewhere similar. You'd have seen more flesh in a mens underwear ad - and they are posted on the sides of buildings etc.

im from scotland that was not me and no one said to me it was grossi just showed my quads my boxers were long rather
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    My profile picture was of a girl squatting heavy, wearing shorts.

Apparently, pictures of ladies exercising is offensive.

Also, the mods deemed it necessary to not only remove this picture entirely from my profile, but also delete all of my PM's in my inbox.

that is OTT why so much restriction in MFP
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Now I want to see your offensive legs :love:
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I recently made a post about my phisique i showed a picture of my leg i got a wartning and the picture was removed I was wearing boxers and showing my quads im not shy i train legs so why not show them im confused why is it not allowed im not questioning their judgemend im merely asking what is the reason

That's just stupid
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    The guideline in question reads:

12. No Profane, Vulgar, Sexually Explicit or Illegal Images

All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:

- no nudity
    - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
    - no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
    - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
    - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
    - no hateful or violent imagery
    - no images containing profanity or vulgarity
    If you are photographing yourself to demonstrate successful weight loss, tight fitting spandex is a great way to show the change in your shape, while still abiding by these guidelines. Photos altered to present inaccurate weight-loss results are prohibited. Please keep the experience at MyFitnessPal encouraging by keeping your "success" photos authentic.

You seem like a great member and we would love to continue to have you post on the site. So please help us out by making sure to follow the forum guidelines at all times.

Our Forums work on a Three Strike system. Please be aware that subsequent to this initial warning, further violations of the forum rules will result in strikes, which can lead to a suspension of posting privileges, or in extreme cases loss of access to the site.

Please take some time to review the site's guidelines at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Hope you are enjoying the site.

Best regards,
    Rachel
    MyFitnessPal Staff

that was the message i recived im wary to post the picture i dont want to get banned
  • cherylatkwechanged
    Options
    Now I want to see your offensive legs :love:

I bet most of us would lol xx
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out what "budgie smugglers" are...
  • cherylatkwechanged
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out what "budgie smugglers" are...
    Swimming trunks .... Very small ones and unless ur Daniel Craig they don't work lol
  • OroroMunroe
    Options
    Was it your third leg?

Ha ha thats awesome, LOL!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Don't think its the legs that the problem. It says 'no underwear' so its probably the boxers LOL

so if post picture of my quads without showing boxers ( not underwear ) it should be ok

Lol, show your legs all you want, just put clothes on over your privates (underwear are not to be seen) that is why they call them, "under" wear. They go UNDER what you are to wear. You forgot the "over" part. LOL
  • pocce31
    pocce31 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you got hated on bud...
  • diabloben68
    Options
    sorry man. Try again!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    No one wants to see naked dudes.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options

WRONG!!!!
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

it was not nude it was my legs
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Did you send a message back to Rachel asking where your photo fell into the banned category? You said you were wearing boxers but that's not the same thing as a banana hammock or a g-string.

I do have to admit that some of the photos I see on here are quite tasteless but if they work for the people posting them as motivation then that's all that really matters to me.