Replies

• telt4
    telt4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Probably congrats are in order:smile:
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    No not yet. I'll wait for morning to do that. Part of the reason why I am losing wait is to get healthy for when we do! So I'd be happy either way.

So, what time is your first pee? Because we want a full report. Even before you tell Baby-Daddy or your family. Kthxbai.

hahaha. I'll keep you well informed!
  • LuckyDucky73
    Options
    Keep us posted I am soo curious now . But to share my story , I am very regular , like clockwork , however I skipped the entire month of February. Just skipped it entirely and I started Tuesday . So anyhting can happen , but take the test !
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    . I have never missed a period due to diet and I have done some pretty extreme diets. . .even the "no eating thing" for days. Go get a test like RIGHT NOW. And let us know. . .

There is a good chance that you and that guy in your picture are going to have a third face to include in your profile in about 9 mos. Wooh hooo!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Isn't kind of obvious though? Like if you're having unprotected sex and you're late then chances are your eggo is preggo. I'm not being snarky, I just don't get it. lol because it sounds like your diet isn't extreme and it doesn't sound like you're drastically losing weight. Anyways, congrats. :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    $5 at the drug store. Or wait whilst biting of nails ensues.

I never had that happen.

$5! I wish (I've spent a lot lately lol)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see you on "I didn't know I was pregnant".

BTW, I'm a week late, but I'm 46 and pre-menopausal, so that probably has more to do with it. TAKE THE TEST.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Are you regular? I went 8 weeks without a cycle recently, and I'm usually at around 5 weeks. I was not pregnant. I eat enough, and was under only moderate stress levels.
  • Kaylaef
    Options
    Isn't kind of obvious though? Like if you're having unprotected sex and you're late then chances are your eggo is preggo. I'm not being snarky, I just don't get it. lol because it sounds like your diet isn't extreme and it doesn't sound like you're drastically losing weight. Anyways, congrats. :)

We're not having unprotected sex. We're pretty safe. Just because the goal was to get in shape so we can be healthy when to do. I didn't take it as snarky. haha Im not an undereducated 17 year old. I get the mechanics. haha I also get that not everythingi s 100%. I think part of the reason I posted was---maybe it got me excited! haha
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have a "follower" cycle so sometimes I'm late due to a new female coworker or something. Good luck!
  • missbossypants
    missbossypants Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm on the pill and had worked my way into a very light cycle. Since I've been watching my caloric intake, my cycle is heavier and more painful this month! If it's going to be like this every time, I'm wondering which is the lesser of 2 evils :grumble:
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've not had a period since January 2011...

Just felt like I would share.....
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    No diet changes will not have you miss your period. I'd take a test..

I'm going to disagree.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/amenorrhea/DS00581/DSECTION=causes
    Lifestyle factors

Stress. Mental stress can temporarily alter the functioning of your hypothalamus — an area of your brain that controls the hormones that regulate your menstrual cycle. Ovulation and menstruation may stop as a result. Regular menstrual periods usually resume after your stress decreases.

Low body weight. Excessively low body weight interrupts many hormonal functions in your body, potentially halting ovulation. Women who have an eating disorder, such as anorexia or bulimia, often stop having periods because of these abnormal hormonal changes

Excessive exercise. Women who participate in sports that require rigorous training, such as ballet, long-distance running or gymnastics, may find their menstrual cycle interrupted. Several factors combine to contribute to the loss of periods in athletes, including low body fat, stress and high energy expenditure.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/amenorrhea/page2_em.htm
    Functional causes

•Anorexia/bulimia
    •Chronic diseases (for example, tuberculosis)
    •Excessive weight gain or weight loss
    •Malnutrition

•Depression or other psychiatric disorders
    •Recreational drug abuse
    •Psychotropic drug use (drugs prescribed to stabilize or improve mood, mental status, or behavior)
    •Excessive stress
    •Excessive exercise

•Cycle suppression with systemic hormonal contraceptive (birth control) pills

http://www.medicinenet.com/missed_menstrual_period/symptoms.htm
    Other Causes of Missed Menstrual Period
    Disorders/Infections of the Pelvic Organs
    Extreme Dieting/Malnutrition
    Habitual Strenuous Exercise
    Heavy Tobacco Smoking
    Hormonal Imbalances - can be caused by diet
    Medications (for Example, Oral Contraceptives, Depo-Provera, Norplant)
    Pituitary Tumors
    Rapid Weight Loss or Gain
    Perimenopause
  • Bmott0928
    Bmott0928 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This did happen to me. There was a difference of about a week, after I lost the first 10 to 20lbs. I, like you, was a bit worried, but behold my period came and the flow was actually a bit heavier for a couple months, and then normalled out. Nothing to worry about, but its up to you if you want to make sure with the test. :)
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well girlie...unless I was having a baby....nothing has stopped the dreaded TOM for me!!! Congrats if you are and if not I still wish you the best :flowerforyou:
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    mine doesnt change bc im on birth control, but it has gotten lighter and less crampy (woooo!!!). Let us know what happens!
  • Kaylaef
    Options

I'm going to disagree.

Lifestyle factors

Stress. Mental stress can temporarily alter the functioning of your hypothalamus — an area of your brain that controls the hormones that regulate your menstrual cycle. Ovulation and menstruation may stop as a result. Regular menstrual periods usually resume after your stress decreases.

Low body weight. Excessively low body weight interrupts many hormonal functions in your body, potentially halting ovulation. Women who have an eating disorder, such as anorexia or bulimia, often stop having periods because of these abnormal hormonal changes

Excessive exercise. Women who participate in sports that require rigorous training, such as ballet, long-distance running or gymnastics, may find their menstrual cycle interrupted. Several factors combine to contribute to the loss of periods in athletes, including low body fat, stress and high energy expenditure.

Functional causes

•Anorexia/bulimia
    •Malnutrition

•Recreational drug abuse
    •Psychotropic drug use (drugs prescribed to stabilize or improve mood, mental status, or behavior)
    •Excessive stress
    •Excessive exercise

Heavy Tobacco Smoking
    Pituitary Tumors
    Perimenopause

Yup make sense. however, I am not extreme dieting (like crazy) or being bulemic or anything. But have made some significant healthier changes :)
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Dollar Store has preggo test... and they are only a dollar....

Just sayin.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options

I'm going to disagree.

Lifestyle factors

Functional causes

•Anorexia/bulimia
    •Malnutrition

•Recreational drug abuse
    •Excessive stress
    •Excessive exercise

Heavy Tobacco Smoking
    Pituitary Tumors
    Perimenopause
    If you actually look at her food diary, you can see that she is eating and her exercise has been fairly low on the calorie burning scale. She may not be eating as much as she probably should (IPOARM and all that), but she's certainly not eating so little that it would cause this over several months or even years, let alone in a mere three weeks.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The last time there was even a remote chance that I was pregnant, I was late by 1 day and feeling crummy. Soooo I popped out my last prego test and, well, my baby boy will be 7 in May. Now there is zero chance of me getting pregnant, but my cycles are all over the map due to perimenopausal issues (they start early in my family). But diet/exercise never really impacted my cycle when it was predictable.

I'd just splurge and take the test. If it's negative, you'll probably start tomorrow! LOL