Yoga Pants vs Sweat Pants

Options

Replies

• MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'd like to throw in track pants as a third option (e.g. a fresh 3-striped Adidas situation).

*kitten* just got real in this thread.

I can't say that I have ever worn a pair of track pants.
  • andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Karl Lagerfeld said it best "Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life, so you bought some sweatpants."

tumblr_m65cmyPzvj1qcxjv8o1_500.gif
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Wear what YOU want.
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you want attention, yoga pants. Sweats are more for lounging in my opinion.

Yoga pants :love:
    Agreed Dude...
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have never felt more high fashion than while reading this thread. If I'd known all it took was not wearing workout clothes when not working out, I'd have been on the cover of Vogue ages ago.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants with visible panty lines. win win.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    No mas pantelones.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Well which pair make your *kitten* look nice? Problem solved!

Bless you my child!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    NO PANTS

Now this is my type of woman!!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    For myself, neither. I have gone to the grocery store in my yoga pants if I had to unexpectedly stop after the gym. But even if I'm at the gym and I know I have to stop somewhere I change back into my regular clothes. I feel like this is something that was ingrained in me by my parents.

I see members at my work every day who are 65+ who put on dress slacks and a button up shirt or a dress/skirt- cardigan combo JUST to come do their banking. I feel like in a way it tells the world "Hey world, you are worth looking good for"
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Wear what YOU want.

This. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I am gonna wear what I want - which usually involves sweats and yoga pants for everything including work. IDGAF.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I will only wear my yoga pants, or shorter running shorts in the summer, if I am on my way to/from the gym. Otherwise, real pants or shorts.:)
  • _Wonder_Woman_
    Options
    I have an *kitten* meant for yoga pants!!!! Haters gon' hate!!!!
    Yeah you do!! participators gonna participate

;)
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    neither. i find it somewhat appalling that people wear such things in public. minor exception being if you are currently in transit to or from the gym with one stop or less.
  • justdowhatworks
    Options
    I'd like to throw in track pants as a third option (e.g. a fresh 3-striped Adidas situation).

*kitten* just got real in this thread.

I can't say that I have ever worn a pair of track pants.

I often daydream about designing the perfect track suit for my very own imaginary country competing in the Olympics.
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    Personally neither. My exercise close are for exercise, my PJs are for lounging and my outdoor clothes are for outdoors.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Neither. Husband is military. If they r workout clothes/sleeping clothes DO NOT WEAR OUT. They usually say if it doesnt have pockets...but they have alot of workout clothes that do now....so now its hard to judge by that.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Personally, neither one. I used to work at a high end furniture store. I sold to a lot of pro athletes who made the big bucks. Some of the younger wives would come in the store in sweat suits. This was before yoga pants became so popular. I'm sure that is what they are coming in these days. Whoever said they hate leggings/spandex worn as pants, has my vote. That is the worst. I wonder if these women actually look in the mirror before they leave the house.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    When you live in Florida, I am actually conservative in attire.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    According to What Not to Wear's Stacy and Clinton, you are committing heinous fashion crimes with either. Yoga pants and sweat pants are for exercising. If you are not exercising wherever you are wearing these items of clothing, you best start breakin a sweat.

But I'd go with yoga pants until Stacy and Clinton ambush you, cuz they show that footage on tv. :flowerforyou: Someone please nominate me, I'd love $5000 for a new wardrobe.