frustrated!

Options
2»

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I know, I thought 1200 was too little at first too, but I was really motivated to get into a bikini this summer lol But now that i've been eating 1200 for a couple of months, I'm actually used to it and it fills me up for the day. Should I try and eat more? Or should I keep sticking with the calories since i'm not even hungry anymore?

The hormone that regulates your hunger is called Leptin. The less you eat, the less leptin is produced in your body. This is how anorexics can eat 600 cals and say they aren't hungry.

As you slowly up your calories (try adding 100 calories each week for four weeks till you get to 1600 NET), your leptin production will increase and you will feel hungry for the right amount of calories.

Do not listen to your body-- let's face it, that's how most of us got here in the first place. Listen to science.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I know, I thought 1200 was too little at first too, but I was really motivated to get into a bikini this summer lol But now that i've been eating 1200 for a couple of months, I'm actually used to it and it fills me up for the day. Should I try and eat more? Or should I keep sticking with the calories since i'm not even hungry anymore?

The hormone that regulates your hunger is called Leptin. The less you eat, the less leptin is produced in your body. This is how anorexics can eat 600 cals and say they aren't hungry.

As you slowly up your calories (try adding 100 calories each week for four weeks till you get to 1600 NET), your leptin production will increase and you will feel hungry for the right amount of calories.

Do not listen to your body-- let's face it, that's how most of us got here in the first place. Listen to science.

This.

This human pretzel knows her stuff.

You've got plenty of time before summer girl.

Take your time and do it the right way.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

This is correct. If you want to ruin your metabolism and hormones then keep eating so low. It isn't a good idea.
  • grau62000ameze
    Options
    Being in same situation since january.so much effort with little or no Victory Scale
    What am hoping we do is to watch our daily intake of food cos I think that's slowing down d metabolism
    Currently doing about 1200-1300.
    I wish u luck as I wish myself