Replies

• smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Another vote for dip wih raw veggies.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    It's a dip, a spread and it is good stuff! I make my own too!
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    sometimes if there's a little leftover I add it to cooked pasta with vegan shredded cheese and unsweetened almond milk or goat yogurt to make a non-cow mac and cheese. Or add it to minestrone. Favorite lunch is a big piece of flatbread spread with hummus and vegetables and rolled up/sliced like sushi.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sometimes...I just eat it with a spoon. Yum.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I love hummus!!! Thank you, MFP, because it's one of those foods I NEVER would have tried had it not been for this place. I eat it all the time with baby carrots. I've heard it's good with chips too. I've used it in chicken wraps (yum). Pretty much any time you would use a dip (like ranch) you can go for the hummus instead.
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Hummus ... I often get it in these "snack packs" that come with pretzels. I think pita bread is most common with it, but I like it with pretzels (or even veggies) better.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I make my own.. I've been known to eat it with a spoon. I also use it as a dip for veggies. It also tastes fabulous as a spread on sandwiches or a spread on lettuce wraps. It's also delicious as a bed for some ground beef and fried onions.

hummus is yummus.
  • iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat it with hard boiled egg whites. Sort of like a deviled egg with hummus instead of the yolk mixture. Very tasty!
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas! Cant wait to try it tomorrow!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I eat it with hard boiled egg whites. Sort of like a deviled egg with hummus instead of the yolk mixture. Very tasty!
    I second this!
    If you add a teensy bit of mustard to your hummus and sprinkle with spanish paprika it's even MORE like deviled eggs. Hummus eggs are an AWESOME snack.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Pita bread/pita chips was always how I ate it. With some wheat thins maybe.
  • traej1973
    traej1973 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is basically a cold dip made of chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper... puree in food processor...
    Then get creative and add in other things... one of my favorites is tomato basil hummus :-)

Use it also as a thick salad dressing with spinach.... any Mediterranean apps and or dishes go great with hummus :-)

Going to make my first homemade hummus soon. I love tomato and basil!! Do you just eyeball it and add it in at the end? Tell me more lol!
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sometimes...I just eat it with a spoon. Yum.

Guilty of this too! I love the little low fat stack pots you can get it tesco, the caramelised onion one is to die for!

Usually have it will carrot or celery, pitta, but have has it on pizza with pasta, someone said about baking chicken in it but I haven't tried that
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I love it on the Artisan Tostitos tortilla chips. lol Roasted red pepper hummus with the black bean and garlic chips. MMMMMMMMMMMMM....
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    YUM!
    I put it on my triscuit crackers :)
    Or with some tortilla chips and salsa
    OR with veggies :D

Now I might go eat some myself.. :)

yeah basically now I want some hummus. lol
    Hummus is good on anything from crackers to veggies to wraps or sandwiches.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Buy the snyders pretzel nibblers and I coat them in the hummus from Trader Joe's and eat it with a spoon...my fave snack!
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    spread on toasted sprouted grain bread, or dip raw broccoli, cauliflower, and baby carrots in it. I absolutely love all flavor Hummus, been eating it for years. i also sometimes make a chicken and spinach wrap on low carb torts and spread some hummus in it. Great spread with lots of different flavors available. I plan on trying to make my own someday, if i ever get another food processor.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    spread on toasted sprouted grain bread, or dip raw broccoli, cauliflower, and baby carrots in it. I absolutely love all flavor Hummus, been eating it for years. i also sometimes make a chicken and spinach wrap on low carb torts and spread some hummus in it. Great spread with lots of different flavors available. I plan on trying to make my own someday, if i ever get another food processor.
    You don't need one. You can use your blender (if you have one) it is a little more time consuming. However it is worth it because you can control what goes in it.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I use it for a dip of veggies or any kind of chip/cracker, use as a sandwich spread or on toast, sometimes eat it with a spoon lol. I just recently spread it on chicken breasts and baked them. So good!
  • Fatbirdtalking
    Options
    I love houmos with thai chilli ryvita thins or sesame seed ryvitas. I like the red pepper and chilli variety best