Observation: Anyone on here drink cow milk?

Options
iceey
iceey Posts: 354 Member
I noticed, as I have been snooping people's food diaries, that most drink alternative milk sources, like almond or soy. I myself don't drink cow's milk, as I'm lactose sensitive, but what about others? Does anyone drink cow milk anymore? Is it taboo or not trendy anymore? Is it unhealthy? What about organic cow milk? I'd love to hear your reasons? And want to hear from those who drink cow milk!

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I don't prefer the flavor of cow milk as a plain beverage but I drink it in my lattes and cereal.
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I do drink cow milk, however, since I am lactose sensitive it is not very often. Cow milk has a lot of calories and sugar, this may be why people are looking for alternatives.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    I drink cow milk every single day, eat cheese, yogurt.... whats wrong with cow milk? lol
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I like cow's milk....but I was raised on a farm for half my childhood. I like almond milk if it's mixed with something, but I don't like drinking it plain.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese, butter and whey protein drinks in addition to my coffee.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I still used cow milk, and not even the skim :noway:

I also make yogurt from cow's milk, so even more dairy.
    Every now and then I will buy half a gallon of soy or almond milk, but cow's mil is still a stable in my house.
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yes I drink cows milk. I have tried the nut milks but don't like the flavor of them.
  • DramaLlamaMama
    Options
    I absolutely do, and whole at that. I have a toddler in the house and he drinks whole cow's milk. If I buy a half gallon of soy milk or skim cow's milk for myself, I don't finish it before it goes bad so I just drink what I buy for him. I usually just drink it in coffee in the morning or in an instant breakfast if I'm not feeling well, but every now and then 'll have a cup of it by itself and it is kind of amazing.
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love cow's milk....well 2% at least. It's what I grew up drinking so now if I try to drink whole it feels too thick. Bleh...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yep I drink both chocolate and white cows milk daily.......
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i still drink cow's milk, ( skim )
  • csfillmore
    csfillmore Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love Cows milk but have cut back to keep withing my calories and sugar levels.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I use cow's milk. I've tried alternatives, but I simply don't like them.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I still have 2% cow's milk with my desserts, but I found when I severely reduced my intake (I used to drink at least 3 glasses a day!), I broke through a previous weight loss plateau. When I lost the weight, I just maintained with the almond milk because a) I was accustomed to it, and b) it's lower cal, so hey, I get to drink more of it throughout the day! :D However, my main beverage is still, and will always be, water.
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I drink cow's milk (skim). But for smoothies I use either soy milk or almond milk.
  • AllieP2
    AllieP2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love cow's milk, drink it everyday!
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @ Kitty - love your meme pic!
  • Wgbn32
    Wgbn32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing a lot lately that cow's milk is unhealthy for human consumption. It is made for calves to get big or something to that effect. I like milk though. Sometimes I used to just drink a whole glass of it...and I'm almost addicted to cheese. But over the last year or so I've switched to soy milk. The biggest reason is that soy milk lasts longer in the fridge. Even though I do like milk I don't drink/use it often...so most times I would end up having to through away half the carton...and its not like I even buy the gallon of milk jugs to begin with.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I drink whole milk every day and eat all those high fat dairy products as well. absolutely LOVE dairy!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    If it's what's inside the milk carton and the cheese, then I drink/eat cows' milk.