one health food/meal you couldnt live without

Options

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Konjac root noodles. Sorry but I can have my noodles all day & still be so far in calories it's not funny. 2 servings (fill you up kind) and it's only 11cals. I have pasta, stirfry.... hell I can have mac & cheese made from it & eat that about 10 times a day

ohhh sounds delicious! will have to try this :)

The noodles are not tasty at all & are kinda chewy if you dont cook them a little longer. They are already 'cooked' but they need the extra so you can eat it...well at least for me. You do need to a flavor though.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    Can't live without my oatmeal. I have it for breakfast EVERY morning. I did however discover that it gives me horrible gas :blushing: my poor husband needs respirator to be near me :bigsmile:

cannot agree more about the oatmeal... you may be onto something here haha!
    thanks all for the amazing ideas.. adding them all to my shopping list :)
  • koootenay
    koootenay Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My favorite meal is Yogurt, sliced up banana and a protein powder. Ohhh and I can't forget the cinnamon♥
    I don't have it as often anymore but it is delicious and an easy way to get 24g protein without having meat haha. I use LeanFit Whey Protein Shake - Vanilla. I also agree with oatmeal. I like the steel cut because it still has some texture and I just cook it in the microwave. Just pop it in with water and walk away for 15 minutes...bam! Steel cut oats : ) I add my protein powder to this as well. It gives it enough flavor so I don't usually add brown sugar or anything.

I like all the ideas on here, it is goof to have variety so you don't get bored.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Strir fry! I eat it several times a week - with different kinds of veggies, sometimes with chicken, and make my own sauce. Its always so flavorful and good!

this :-)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    proats for sure
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Cascadian farm chocolate granola cereal topped with blueberries, cocoa powder, skim milk, and truvia. :) Tastes like chocolate heaven...
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    PB2, I order it from amazon. Amazing stuff!

^^^^this...I just got another shipment in today and had to make oatmeal just so I could mix it in...lol
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Konjac root noodles. Sorry but I can have my noodles all day & still be so far in calories it's not funny. 2 servings (fill you up kind) and it's only 11cals. I have pasta, stirfry.... hell I can have mac & cheese made from it & eat that about 10 times a day

I tried them and don't like them but I have some of the tofu ones in my fridge to try.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    My favorites are PB2, bananas, and oatmeal.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    PB2, I order it from amazon. Amazing stuff!

My favorites are PB2, bananas, and oatmeal.

might just have to try this PB2 stuff.. its all the rage on this site :)
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    For me it is Greek yogurt with blueberries, roasted almonds, cheese snacks and fat free wheat thins. Yum! Also, grilled tilapia with lemon pepper.:love:
  • rcoleman792
    Options
    So this is oddly specific, but my favorite healthy dish I would not want to live without is wholewheat orecchiete pasta with italian turkey sausage, lots of garlic, and broccoli rabe. Sprinkle with a little pecorino romano or locatelli cheese and toss in the pan with a little chicken stock. Freaking delicious.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    So this is oddly specific, but my favorite healthy dish I would not want to live without is wholewheat orecchiete pasta with italian turkey sausage, lots of garlic, and broccoli rabe. Sprinkle with a little pecorino romano or locatelli cheese and toss in the pan with a little chicken stock. Freaking delicious.

haha, love it! thanks for the recipe will definatly give it a go :)
  • DeterminedDeborah
    Options
    I love oatmeal with fruit, blueberries, strawberries, yum! Also yams.
  • treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This salad that I make. It's bibb lettuce, carrots, radishes, green onion, cheddar cheese, and 4 oz dijon mustard baked chicken breast, with Hidden Valley light ranch on top. It's my favorite meal.
  • nsaxena24
    nsaxena24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Definitely oats, natural yoghurt, cottage cheese and tuna. They're all foods I et basically every single day.

I'm just about to order one PB2. I can't have peanut butter in my house because I WILL binge on it so I'm pretty excited that there seems to be a lower calorie alternative!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Bananas.
  • mystyleregi
    Options
    I just ate the same thing as you... Stonyfield organic Blueberry greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom:smile:
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    tuna!