Need More Energy for Workouts!

Options
2»

Replies

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Eat more food, carbs specifically if you are planning on doing HIIT.

About how many carbs are ideal for energy, while being mindful of weightloss?
    That's dependent on each person, for instance... I can gain 400g of carbs a day and not gain a single pound, others will bloat up by even looking at 400g of carbs. Experiment a little, even if you gain a little weight in the process it'll be better in the long run.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    a banana is nothing but sugar. include some protein and carbs as your pre-snack before a workout.

i eat a few scoops of my overnight oats before my workout (5am). in that, i include a scoop of protein powder and this allows me to power through even the most intense workouts (insanity, p90x, body beast etc).

trust me - eat 1/2 a boiled egg (whites only) and 1/2 a piece of whole wheat toast and you'll have enough energy.
    Hi All,

I am working out about 5 days a week. I am really focusing on my nutrition and eating clean, but I am finding that I am lacking energy to make it through the amount of cardio that I want to do. What do you guys do pre-workouts for energy to make it through?

I've tried eating a banana prior and always make sure I drink lots of water. Every day is a little different. I want to be able to power through an awesome cardio session!

Any suggestions/thoughts?

Thank you!
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input- I am eating egg whites and toast for breakfast....problem is I am working out after work at 3-4pm. I'll try some protein for an afternoon snack!

a banana is nothing but sugar. include some protein and carbs as your pre-snack before a workout.

i eat a few scoops of my overnight oats before my workout (5am). in that, i include a scoop of protein powder and this allows me to power through even the most intense workouts (insanity, p90x, body beast etc).

trust me - eat 1/2 a boiled egg (whites only) and 1/2 a piece of whole wheat toast and you'll have enough energy.
    Hi All,

I am working out about 5 days a week. I am really focusing on my nutrition and eating clean, but I am finding that I am lacking energy to make it through the amount of cardio that I want to do. What do you guys do pre-workouts for energy to make it through?

I've tried eating a banana prior and always make sure I drink lots of water. Every day is a little different. I want to be able to power through an awesome cardio session!

Any suggestions/thoughts?

Thank you!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Eat carbs.

Schedule more rest days.

I like this idea. I do weights/toning, then alternate with high paced running or cardio, and rest if I'm hurt or tired. I also take "spike" maintenance calorie days if I'm hungry and try to balance that with lower calorie days so that, for the week, I'm on target. I tend to be very hungry the day after my hardest workouts, but not as hungry on the day I actually do those workouts. Hope that helps! (I like the B vitamin chews. Just got some this week. Like a gummy treat.)