Fat Flush Water?

Options
2»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Oh, sure it's like magic. Eat a whole pizza and just drink this magic water, and it makes all those extra calories disappear. That's why everyone has been doing it for years and losing lots of weight. But it's a secret, don't tell anyone.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    For some reason, this made me think of Olestra. Maybe it was the word flush.

My husband used to work in a spa and they made stuff like this all the time for clients to sip. They never claimed it was for weight loss, just froo-froo spa stuff.
    I wish losing weight was that easy. I'd be healthy again 10 years ago.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Be careful! That stuff really is magic. A friend of mine drank it and she turned into a bloke, penis and everything. Wait...that was lifting heavy. Sorry. I tend to get all the bollocks mixed up. This stuff you mention will not turn you into a bloke, but there is a very high probability that you will turn into a carrot and get eaten by a hangry vegan, and that's bad too. Good luck, future carrot.

angry-vegan.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Think about it for a second. Logically. If this really worked, don't you think it would be the leading headline in every media outlet in the world?

There is no secret. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and exercise. You can do this without relying on bull**** gimmicks as a crutch, and really, won't you get more satisfaction out of doing it that way?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if it really works ?

NO.

but it might taste nice.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    If you like fruit-infused water, then by all means, drink it! But, don't expect it to flush fat out of you, as that is never going to happen.
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    fat flush my fat heiny lol

infused waters are great. especially if you have a pop/soda addiction - they're a great replacement. but that's it.

"No magic pill.
    No special shake (or water).
    No secret diet.

Just get off your *kitten*"

:huh:
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It's not a magic formula....but making water infused with flavors you like is not a bad thing to do if it helps you enjoy the act of drinking the water you might not otherwise drink......BTW....maybe someday I will actually come across a topic that doesn't bring out the negative rude people who have nothing better to do than rant and rave in an effort to prove something.......Sadly what they DO prove to me is probably not what they THINK they are proving in their post.....
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This actually works. If you drink it before, during, or after a workout. And eat at a moderate deficit.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This actually works. If you drink it before, during, or after a workout. And eat at a moderate deficit.

Smh :sad:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    It's not a magic formula....but making water infused with flavors you like is not a bad thing to do if it helps you enjoy the act of drinking the water you might not otherwise drink......BTW....maybe someday I will actually come across a topic that doesn't bring out the negative rude people who have nothing better to do than rant and rave in an effort to prove something.......Sadly what they DO prove to me is probably not what they THINK they are proving in their post.....

people get pissy because "flushing" and "de - toxing" are like two of the most BS dead horse threads on MFP ..run a quick search and see how many de tox threads come up and then maybe you will get it...
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Matter of fact, non-sugar coated, straight to the point , cut through the BS answers are often considered "rude" by some people. The intent is not to be rude, the intent is to educate and squash the misinformation and myths.
  • mellody1
    mellody1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't think it works as a "fat flush" - it's just flavored water. I add citrus fruit and celery to my water--not as a magic drink -- just to add flavor so I can drink more water.