HRM or FitBit??? Not sure which to buy...suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    BodyMedia FIT is over 90% accurate. I wear mine everyday!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have both.. Some things the Fitbit do really well like walking/running outside or even in the house. It will count hill climbs of more than 10 feet if you are walking/running and count it as a flooor climbed.

Fitbit is good for general all-around walking/running. It does not handle treadmills, ellipticals, etc. because it can't tell the difference between a step and a step with resistance/incline. For that, an HRM is much better as well as any other activity that the Fitbit isn't geared towards. E.g., raking leaves can be a fantastic cardio activity (do that for an hour) and yet have minimal count on a Fitbit.

My HRM cost less than the Fitbit (Ultra, no longer made now replaced by the "one") and connects to my phone via Bluetooth and "talks" to MFP if I want the output to be counted against my calorie intake. I use a Zephyr.
  • HuneeBunee08
    Options
    something you can wear on your wrist or your arm. i got a fitbit and lost it within a week because it was SO DANG SMALL. so i would go with the HRM:smile: