FIghting temptations...

Options
2»

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    usually I will just disable my kik for a few days if that happens.
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I will figure if I can eat a small amount of it..or substitute something with less cals..I dont deprive myself ..just portion and cals.. I allow for it. Dont think I can eat a big mac but maybe a jr cheeseburger from wendys is 350 cals..drop the fries and coke..drink water and a potato or salad..adjustments thats all for me
  • TinaB62674
    Options
    My issue with temptation is usually at night after dinner. I have been pretty good about it lately because I get filled up a little bit more at lunch time. If I don't buy the junk food, then of course, I don't eat it, but I try not to deprive myself of anything. I just limit myself and I try to find things that are somewhat better for me.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    usually I will just disable my kik for a few days if that happens.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nikkayelizabeth
    Options
    Sometimes I just go ahead and it, especially if someone made something and they're offering it to me. idk, sometimes one little piece of cake or a cupcake won't hurt, right?

Now I'm learning to just have a bite of something, though.
  • cindygretz
    Options
    I decided to treat myself, it's Friday. Ordered a Veggie Pizza, 2 slices is within my macros (except sodium). The problem is there are still 6 slices in there. 6 cheesy, salty, delicious slices of thin, crispy, veggie lovers pizza.

The funny thing is I can always resist temptation by doing one thing... telling myself I'm saving it for my son when he gets off work. Never fails.
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I try logging it to see if I can fit it in my goals for the day. If I can - WIN! If I can't, I'll see if a smaller portion will fit.

I won't be able to avoid all temptation, so I try to work around it.

Exactly how I see it. Sometimes temptation is way to big for me to stop... so I eat it, but those are few and far between.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    grab a whiskey or 2 and go for a walk.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I try to work the things I have the greatest weaknesses for into my meals in a healthy way. I love chocolate so I finish my day with a few square of dark chocolate. I love PB&J so I will add some PB2 and sliced strawberries to yogurt. Pumpkin pie spices in oatmeal satisfies that craving. It is the flavors I crave more than the specific treat so I can get creative and indulge in healthful ways.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just ate a PEEP. Sometimes there's no fighting them.
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Today I struggled with this. I was so starving when I got home and I had no motivation and I just wanted a takeaway. Mexican. Got as far as the website and realised they're closed. Couldn't decide what to do, whether to have something else or just cook and eat here. Decided in the end to cook my own food.

Then I turned the TV on. Bam. Comic Relief. And I realised, I wasn't starving. Those kids are starving. And I was so glad that I hadn't had a takeaway, because it meant I could donate the money I would have spent instead.

All of this to say, if it's temptation like that - not cake in the office, but a choice between spending money on something that will slow your progress, and not - don't spend the money. Do something else with it. Save it for a rainy day, give it to charity, anything else, and rejoice in having stayed on track, and done some good in the world.