6 pounds up this week. HELP!

Options

Replies

• Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Don't be discourage. Remember that to gain 6 lbs you would have had to eaten 21,000 extra calories. It is water weight and you will lose it within a week. I like to track my weight on a calendar and have notice that at certain times of the month I jump up in weight. Stay strong
  • estrellas8
    estrellas8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LOL...I did too
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ok well I will tell you what works for me! I dont eat all of my exercise calories if I do I tend to gain believe or not! But that's for me ummm maybe you need to check if you are adding things correctly and not eating more than what you log. Good Luck!
  • FifiLaPhue
    FifiLaPhue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good old blue bar soap. Put them to soak in cold water overnight, and use old fashioned bar washing soap. I live in Jamaica so it is easy to find. Don't know if they have it in USA or UK. Magic soap (which is the Brand name as well)
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    First, calm down. You might not have known this, but eating veggies during you TOM can make you retain extra water because fruit and veggies are mostly water. So during the week before and week of your TOM, you should avoid veggies and eat extra carbs and foods high in sodium to dry you out. Also, avoid showering so you don't get water logged.

Second, I am sorry about your panties. Soak them in cold water -- but make sure you wear gloves so you don't actually touch the water.

Good luck and just stick with it.

Brilliant!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I, too, looked at the most recent couple days on your diary and if they are typical, you may be being sabotaged by what you are eating. There's lots of processed food and precious few vegetables. Although the number of calories is important, so are the nutritional values for long term weight loss. Since you are in the UK, you might want to look at the NHS healthy eating pages at http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/healthy-eating/Pages/Healthyeating.aspx. They have a plan that will walk you through getting started on a weight loss eating pattern.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    First, calm down. You might not have known this, but eating veggies during you TOM can make you retain extra water because fruit and veggies are mostly water. So during the week before and week of your TOM, you should avoid veggies and eat extra carbs and foods high in sodium to dry you out. Also, avoid showering so you don't get water logged.

Second, I am sorry about your panties. Soak them in cold water -- but make sure you wear gloves so you don't actually touch the water.

Brilliant!!

:flowerforyou:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Some people just don't get enough attention in their real lives...
    The lady was asking for real advice and you decide it's a platform for your new comedy act. Har har. You're so funny.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anh720 - > When will you be live at London's Apollo? They need some new acts!

:blushing: :blushing:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    The lady was asking for real advice and you decide it's a platform for your new comedy act. Har har. You're so funny.

I didn't see the reply you are quoting, but has anyone pointed out the OP has a *****? I decided to let the fun continue.

That's where the extra weight comes from I think. I grow one during my TOM.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I didn't see the reply you are quoting, but has anyone pointed out the OP has a *****? I decided to let the fun continue.

That's where the extra weight comes from I think. I grow one during my TOM.

Aw man...I swear I did not see that picture before I posted.
    Darn you OP! LOL
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options

...... what?

She'll just retain the water she absorbs when washing of the panties if she doesn't wear gloves.

This is quite possibly the silliest post I've read here! Enjoying it thoroughly.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Finally, good, sensible advice on the internet.

There's a first time for everything.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    Has no one except anh noticed that OP is male, according to profile?
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    two words: water retention.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I've been eating good. Loadsa veggies and fruit. Exercising every day for at least 30 mins. But on the scales this morning I am up 6lbs!!!!

And to make matters worse, I got my period this afternoon. I had no tampons so now my favourite panties are ruined.

What can I do?

Well, the first thing I would do would be shave those damn legs. You look like a man for crying out loud. Your boyfriend's not going to want you if you keep them hairy like that. :huh:
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've been eating good. Loadsa veggies and fruit. Exercising every day for at least 30 mins. But on the scales this morning I am up 6lbs!!!!

And to make matters worse, I got my period this afternoon. I had no tampons so now my favourite panties are ruined.

What can I do?

My first thought is that the gain is from your period. Weigh yourself again when it's over.
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Period weight gain. AND............

I browsed at your diary and it's full of sugary treats, fatty foods and whole milk........there's lot's of room for improvement.

^^^^^ Yes this!!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Every woman I've ever known has retained water during her TOM.
  • highcountrymama
    highcountrymama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OMG The OP is totally a man--- and a writer.

Are you looking for inspirtation for your first novel, OP? If you have bled on your undies, you might want to see a doctor. They've got shots for that and you don't even have to tell your mother.
  • lolwutshannon
    Options
    Trolololo, men don't get menstrual cycles and ruin their panties.