What is your favorite "Diet" food/treat discovered?

Options
DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
Since dieting I've found a new fondness of vegetables. Not that I didn't like them before but I like them a lot more now. What I have enjoyed the most of "diet" foods this time around had been Progresso Light soups. They might not look as good when you open the can as non-"diet" soups but I have found that they taste even better. What are some of your favorite "Diet" foods you have discovered?

Replies

• lindslove115
    Options
    I love fruit, and clementines are my additcion lol...they are great and packed full of fiber. Also, steamed sweet potatoes with a bit of honey, milk, and cinnamon, no butter...really yummy too! Ohhh, and cherry tomatoes, and low fat yogurt!
  • lindslove115
    Options
    addiction*
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    For the ice cream lovers out there check this out:

chop up 2 bananas
    Freeze them
    Toss them into a food processor/blender
    Blend until smooth

Banana "ice cream"

You can add cocoa powder or vanilla extract for some flavour. I top with some granola and eat it like a parfait.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I had never even heard of Spaghetti Squash before I started this Journey. Even though I don't like to cook, and I am not very good at it, Spaghetti Squash is so easy to cook--and so low in calories--that even I can cook it. Add some Mrs Dash and a few sprays of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" or a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce and it is GREAT!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Guacamole! Hummus! Spaghetti Squash!

I have a box of Quinoa on my counter than I'm going to try any day now (it's been a crazy week). Looking forward to it!
  • jenners22
    jenners22 Posts: 91
    Options
    I love the 90 calorie Fiber One Chocolate and Peanut Butter bars! So delish and so filling!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Vitalicious Vitatops and Vitamuffins! I have done pretty good with my sweet tooth except for one specific category! ~~Chocolate Peanut Butter!~~ I crave it alot! But, hands down, these have helped me and satisfy my chocolate peanut butter combination craving.
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Korean Shingo Pears! Satisfies that "crunchy" need and very low in calories.. They are HUGE - about the size of a grapefruit.. YUM.. I found them at BJs.
  • CaseyLynn216
    CaseyLynn216 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly...but I love sandwiches! I'm a high school student so lunch for me usually consisted of all things fried. I always had a choice of eating healthier but I could never bring myself to do it. Now, ham on wheat with a pinch of mustard never gets old. :)
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options

chop up 2 bananas
    Freeze them
    Blend until smooth

Banana "ice cream"

You can add cocoa powder or vanilla extract for some flavour. I top with some granola and eat it like a parfait.

OMG...Thank you!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I forgot how I liked Spaghetti Squash. I'm going to have to put that on my menu again.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love fruit! I also like the Special K 90 calorie bars..especially the strawberry flavor :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Talapia, Turkey breasts (and it's not Thanksgiving), Steamed or grilled veggies of all kinds. Super lean cuts of beef. And not eating grains, breads, corn, potatoes.

My favortie new found treat is an apple sliced up and dipped in melted peanut butter. (YUMMO! (as they say)).
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    yeah, definitely avocado and tomato (home made guacamole, pico de gallo) and black beans !! I could eat black beans everyday!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash, eggplant and hummus. I've never had any of these before my journey began and neither has my 80 yr old mother who has been coming for dinner once a week to experience my new dishes. :happy:
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options

chop up 2 bananas
    Freeze them
    Blend until smooth

Banana "ice cream"

I am going to try this with my daughter!!!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    ^^me too! I did sliced banana's with chocolate chips the other day and maybe as an ice cream, the girls will be likely to try this. Perfect for those overripe 'naners too!
  • cardswimmom
    Options

chop up 2 bananas
    Freeze them
    Blend until smooth

Banana "ice cream"

Wow - this sounds amazing! I am thinking of all of the other fresh frozen fruit to add to this...strawberries, raspberries, blueberries. I am definitely giving this a try....tonight! Ice cream is my one weakness and this will be a great sub, thanks so much!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i was never picky before i started on here. i would try just about anything. (now i avoid trying things that i know are not beneficial to a healthy diet). anyways, to stay satisfied and in my calorie allowance for the day, these are some staple things i go to:

greek yogurt with fruit!!!! i'm obsessed
    wraps with beans, salsa, cheese, and veggies
    fresh veggies/ hummus
    salad with nuts or beans on top
    stir-fry with brown rice, chicken, veggies, and teriyaki
    oatmeal with fruit and almonds
    frozen fish filets such as tilapia, mahi-mahi or tuna topped with salsa and rice
    sushi from the grocery store to pick up for an on-the-go dinner
    plain brown rice cakes with various sweet fruit/nut toppings
  • cildawg1
    cildawg1 Posts: 14
    Options
    There are a lot of 100 calorie snacks out there that I like - especially the Cheetos. But I find it hard to eat just one serving. I think I'm going to try the banana ice cream recipe. It sounds like a winner.