What is your favorite "Diet" food/treat discovered?

Options

Replies

• jroberts8
    Options
    Absolutely love "Skinny Cow" ice cream sandwiches---cookies and cream is my fav!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Fiber granola bars. I buy the Active Lifestyle Chewy bars - right now I have Oats & Chocolate. 140 calories for one and 9g of fiber! They're so tasty and they help me reach my fiber goals!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Strawberries

Green Giant Just for One Veggie Tray's.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bananas and Peanut Butter....actually I knew of this before "dieting" but now It's my treat that's not bad for me! Love it! I think I'm going to try the "banana ice cream" mentioned above and add a little peanut butter! Yum! :)
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well, I love portobello mushrooms! They are so delicious!
    This morning I cooked one upside down (stem up) in a pan with a bit of non stick spray (or olive oil) topped with skim ricotta cheese mixed with minced garlic. So easy and delicious and very low calories.

Quinoa is also delicious with a nice texture.

One more is fresh mozzarella over fresh tomatoes topped with a fresh basil leaf and drizzled with balsamic vinegar reduction. TO DIE FOR and oh-so-fresh!

I could go on for days so I'll stop now. I am a bit of a foodie :love:

http://foxfirekenzie.blogspot.com/2010/04/tasty-lunch-omine.html
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    For the ice cream lovers out there check this out:

chop up 2 bananas
    Freeze them
    Toss them into a food processor/blender
    Blend until smooth

Banana "ice cream"

You can add cocoa powder or vanilla extract for some flavour. I top with some granola and eat it like a parfait.

To make this yummy treat a balanced meal/snack, you could blend in some protein powder (like Vanilla Zero Carb Isopure). And I would note that 2 bananas would be atleast 2 servings of ice cream. I would add 1/2 scoop of the powder for each banana.
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options

chop up 2 bananas
    Freeze them
    Blend until smooth

Banana "ice cream"

You can add cocoa powder or vanilla extract for some flavour. I top with some granola and eat it like a parfait.

To make this yummy treat a balanced meal/snack, you could blend in some protein powder (like Vanilla Zero Carb Isopure). And I would note that 2 bananas would be atleast 2 servings of ice cream. I would add 1/2 scoop of the powder for each banana.

Hmmm I didn't know that it would make two servings. Interesting! :smile:
  • justgnee2u
    Options
    The new Jello Mousse Delights are delicious, a nice little treat in the evening and only 60 calories! Chocolate, Dark Chocolate & Caramel. Yumm.
  • medrewiske
    medrewiske Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Frozen Jenny-O turkey burgers. They come individually wrapped. I just throw them in the broiler for about 15 minutes, and top them with some salsa. Easy, quick & tasty.
  • coach_anaya
    Options
    That sounds DELICIOUS!!!! Bananna Icecream w/a spoonful of peanut butter and some chocolate!!!! MMMMM...I'm gonna go try that ASAP
  • RegisteredNurse
    Options
    smoothies!!
  • MirandaJayne
    Options
    I would love love love to hear how you all made out with the banana 'ice cream' tonight. Post back here and let me know how it went.

Enjoy!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh banana ice cream is yummy. I usually make it with 1 banana, a handful of frozen blueberries, and a splash of almond milk or coconut milk (helps it blend easier). It's really good topped with a bit of cocoa or shaved dark (really dark - 85%!) chocolate.
  • MirandaJayne
    Options
    Ahhhhh banana ice cream is yummy. I usually make it with 1 banana, a handful of frozen blueberries, and a splash of almond milk or coconut milk (helps it blend easier). It's really good topped with a bit of cocoa or shaved dark (really dark - 85%!) chocolate.

1) Who doesn't love Barney!!!!!

2) love the blueberry idea!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options

chop up 2 bananas
    Freeze them
    Blend until smooth

Banana "ice cream"

I am so doing this. I had 3 bananas about to go bad so I chopped them up and put them in the freezer this morning. Thanks for the great tip. Will save me money and give me a sweet treat for after dinner. :)
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    Klondike 100 Caloire Ice Cream Bars!!!

Greek Yogurt - So creamy and So filling

Morning Star BBQ Riblets
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

chop up 2 bananas
    Freeze them
    Blend until smooth

Banana "ice cream"

Hmmm I didn't know that it would make two servings. Interesting! :smile:

I guess it depends on what your goals are... for someone counting calories and/or sugar, 1 banana is actually considered 2 servings of fruit. So, I just wanted to mention the portion control so that those working hard to make their goals, don't sabotage themselves!

And when my calorie intake allows for it, I will make the banana ice cream (always with the added protein) and top with a little SF Cool Whip, 1 tablespoon of SF or light chocolate syrup and a sprinkle of chopped almonds! So, not only am I eating a yummy ice cream sundae, I'm also getting a serving (or 2) of fruit, protein and healthy fat!
  • seesylrun
    seesylrun Posts: 22 Member
    Options

chop up 2 bananas
    Freeze them
    Blend until smooth

Banana "ice cream"

I'm so going to try this!! Thanks!
  • seesylrun
    seesylrun Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I really like edamame. I chose to snack on those instead of chips, fries, etc. Yum. :) Oh...and smoothies are good too.