• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Aww that's so sad! I'll be your friend!

mine too?
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Nobody likes me. I assume it's because I'm ridiculously awesome...

(I see so many posts like this on here... how self obsessed are you that you think that random women are thinking anything about you at all?)

I think it's funny when people try to pretend that they don't care what others think of them and talk down to anyone who does. As humans, we all to some degree care what another person thinks of us. I guarantee you that your desire to lose weight is at least a little bit outwardly motivated. I really wish people would get off their high horse and be real. Can I call you self obsessed for wanting others to notice your weightloss efforts and by posting pictures. Pot calling the kettle black if that's the case.

I think it's funny that you think all women are on MFP to lose weight. That is not the case and you shouldn't assume that. I take offense that actually. I think I do not like you and I don't even know you. Jees how could that happen?

I see nowhere that I said ALL WOMEN ON MFP ARE HERE TO LOSE WEIGHT. I quoted that particular person and responded to that particular person. So you read something that wasn't there. Not really my problem. Have a great evening though :-)

You went and assumed she was here to lose weight.. did you not? Nowhere did she say she was here to lose weight. I apologize for the last part of my comment and have since removed it, it was rude of me. I just think it's crazy how much people worry about other people liking them. Do you like yourself? That's all that really matters. If you like yourself and can share yourself with a few close friends then **** the others.. They can be all crappy without you by their sides. Besides, who really wants to be friends with someone who can't smile back at you? Not this girl.

Well, let's see.... her weight LOSS ticker kind of gave it away, as does yours. So again what is your problem? Seems like you are just looking to fuss with someone and be contrary and I will not be a part of it, Have a great evening :-)
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Women!! Stop judging each other! When we are unkind to each other we only hurt ourselves. I wish that all women would honor each other.

And to say that other women "dislike me" or "are jealous of me" is complete bulls**t and hurts the messenger as much as anyone else.

<3 this!!! Very well said!! :)
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You might look too "nice." I used to have a similar problem in high school: round face, pale complexion and Walmart clothes made me look frumpy and other kids picked up on it and would randomly attack me (making moo noises at me, throwing things, spreading gossip). It wasn't until a friend of mine told me I looked too "nice" that I cut my hair short and started wearing a black trench coat. For some reason that did the trick.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Maybe your portraying?
    I'm in the same boat, always nice, always considerate, but I find I don't mesh well with female types especially.... Hell, I don't mesh well with a lot of types :)

Sometimes I think its just me. I'm kind of shy, and feel a little out of place when girls get in big groups...and start talking about girly things...bc that just isn't me.

Other times, I realize I have big boobs, I'm decent looking, and I have a personality that generally goes towards guys point of views, (having fun, getting tipsy, watching football) as apposed to girls point of views (I don't like socializing, getting mani peddis, gossiping etc)

I wish I could agree more with women, have women friends, etc, but truth is, I don't. I never really have, and I'm pretty sure I never really will.... But oh well... I have to be me.

Sigh, who knows... Wish I could help, but I feel kind of like you do lol

no, it's definitely not the boobs, it's gotta be this: " Maybe your portraying?"

How would that be offensive to you??? Esp considering you aren't the person I was talking to.
  • Renee81170
    Renee81170 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    after I had my first son (22 years ago) I had Bells Palsy, paralysis of one side of the face. It usually goes away after a few days or months.. basically is swelling on a nerve (I think) well when I had it.. it seemed to last forever to the point that the muscles in my face are (uneven) :(.... anywho.. my family always jokes with me that I look crabby.. because if i'm not smiling.. I look angry.. lol so I have two choices.. go around smiling like I'm a crazy person or looking angry..

so it could be you have a mad look on your face or..... you may be reading into something that is not there... Most people have a lot on their minds and I assure you.. its NOT you... I used to think this way when I was younger.

so don't worry :) you are fine :)
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

(I see so many posts like this on here... how self obsessed are you that you think that random women are thinking anything about you at all?)

I think it's funny when people try to pretend that they don't care what others think of them and talk down to anyone who does. As humans, we all to some degree care what another person thinks of us. I guarantee you that your desire to lose weight is at least a little bit outwardly motivated. I really wish people would get off their high horse and be real. Can I call you self obsessed for wanting others to notice your weightloss efforts and by posting pictures. Pot calling the kettle black if that's the case.

Truth be told I am anti social. I don't really like anybody. But I do want them to like me.lol. But because I do not spend time building relationships with people outside of an acquaintance or friendly smile and Hi, people don't tend to like me. This is my issue not theirs. I can and will talk to anybody, and you may leave thinking we are best friends, but truth is, I don't spend time thinking of you outside the moment of interaction so I would call your dwelling on whether or not I like you a bit self obsessed. Though I want people to like me I don't dwell on it.
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Maybe you don't smile enough when you're walking around. Or possibly you think the women don't like you, so you put off a vibe that makes them not like you. Who knows? Just start giving them a reason not to like you.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned about your boyfriend telling you that people are giving you dirty looks... He can't possibly know what they are thinking. Maybe their shoes hurt.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options

"Can I call you self obsessed for wanting others to notice your weightloss efforts and by posting pictures. Pot calling the kettle black if that's the case?"

There's the thick of it, right there. I don't mean to sound rude and I know you probably didn't mean it this way, but this, to me, looks like a desire for attention hidden in a seemingly harmless question. This is sort of supported by the defensiveness you are exuding. If you really wanted advice for this, you'd be less defensive and more open to criticism. If what you are wanting to hear is that women aren't nice to you because you look better than them, then I think the real question here is, why is it important to you to hear that? Are you happy enough within yourself to just feel good without soliciting external praise from strangers? And if not, why not?

Anyway. That is all.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options

I think it's funny that you think all women are on MFP to lose weight. That is not the case and you shouldn't assume that. I take offense that actually. I think I do not like you and I don't even know you. Jees how could that happen?

I see nowhere that I said ALL WOMEN ON MFP ARE HERE TO LOSE WEIGHT. I quoted that particular person and responded to that particular person. So you read something that wasn't there. Not really my problem. Have a great evening though :-)

You went and assumed she was here to lose weight.. did you not? Nowhere did she say she was here to lose weight. I apologize for the last part of my comment and have since removed it, it was rude of me. I just think it's crazy how much people worry about other people liking them. Do you like yourself? That's all that really matters. If you like yourself and can share yourself with a few close friends then **** the others.. They can be all crappy without you by their sides. Besides, who really wants to be friends with someone who can't smile back at you? Not this girl.

Well, let's see.... her weight LOSS ticker kind of gave it away, as does yours. So again what is your problem? Seems like you are just looking to fuss with someone and be contrary and I will not be a part of it, Have a great evening :-)
    Just because there's a ticker there that says I've lost weight does not mean that is the reason I came to the site. A great side effect of becoming healthier, yes but not the reason I came here. Assumptions, you know what they say about those... :)
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Do you like yourself?

We are in a generation that says to be independent and do our own thing, to just be comfortable with ourselves is most important. I love a Proverb that says, "He who would have many friends must show himself friendly." Such a balance, isn't it?
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    in all honesty. you shouldn't put too much focus if women like you or not. Certain ppl don't like me cus I tend to be annoying while others think I'm nice lol we can't make everyone happy JUST BE HAPPY WITH YOU and focus on the ppl that surround you. Dont worry be happy :happy:
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    This is why I stay home as much as possible. People are always thinking things about me! >_<
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    ..... Or possibly you think the women don't like you, so you put off a vibe that makes them not like you....

This. Either you're imagining it, or it's your attitude. Two things I've learned in my relatively short time on Earth: 1) ANYONE who refers to women as "females" is probably a jerk, and 2) women who say other women are "catty" or whatever, tend to be the cattiest of them all.

So don't do either of those things and you'll likely earn yourself more girl friends. That, and just being generally friendly and nice, because you know, women are people too.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    ..... Or possibly you think the women don't like you, so you put off a vibe that makes them not like you....

This. Either you're imagining it, or it's your attitude. Two things I've learned in my relatively short time on Earth: 1) ANYONE who refers to women as "females" is probably a jerk, and 2) women who say other women are "catty" or whatever, tend to be the cattiest of them all.

So don't do either of those things and you'll likely earn yourself more girl friends. That, and just being generally friendly and nice, because you know, women are people too.

this
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I generally want people to like me, or at least not be repulsed by me or think I'm a flaming aeshole, but honestly I really don't care too much what the random person on the street thinks. I barely even pay attention to them, to be honest. I know they're there, I may even look at them, but I really do not actually SEE them most of the time. Every now and then I do, and maybe they have a weird look on their face or something, but instead of assuming they don't like me, or there's something wrong with me, or that I'm too awesome for words... I assume that they're just like me and they don't give much a crap about me beyond the fact that I happen to be in their line of vision at that particular moment.

Try it-- It's very liberating!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I generally want people to like me, or at least not be repulsed by me or think I'm a flaming aeshole, but honestly I really don't care too much what the random person on the street thinks. I barely even pay attention to them, to be honest. I know they're there, I may even look at them, but I really do not actually SEE them most of the time. Every now and then I do, and maybe they have a weird look on their face or something, but instead of assuming they don't like me, or there's something wrong with me, or that I'm too awesome for words... I assume that they're just like me and they don't give much a crap about me beyond the fact that I happen to be in their line of vision at that particular moment.

Try it-- It's very liberating!

:flowerforyou:
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    maybe you just smell funny and they want your man. they be hate en 'cause you so fine. Yep, that's it, I'm sure of it.
  • Eionyx
    Eionyx Posts: 6
    Options
    if it makes you feel better OP, my fiance and his friends make fun of me for what they call the "death stare" that i supposedly give to other women....but usually im just thinking about how cute their outfit is, or im just spacing out in general.
    i wouldnt think to much about it, people are usually off in their own world and arent even looking.