Wonder why you can't lose weight??

Options

Replies

• NaBroski
    NaBroski Posts: 206
    Options
    I would say that, if you are looking for an obesity-inducing villain, I would look in the direction of sugar.

Mr Lustig, I presume?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I would say that, if you are looking for an obesity-inducing villain, I would look in the direction of sugar. The Chinese have always eaten a LOT of MSG but they are just starting to experience a rapidly rising rate of obesity which tracks with a rapidly rising level of sugar consumption.
    There are too many confounding factors to deduce that. Perhaps it's just the rising level of consumption.
    Or cars...
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Darnit why don't they add a like button!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Even if you have an increase in appetite does not mean you can't put the fork down and still lose weight. Also, I would be interested to see the dosing in rats and what that is compared to a 200 lb human and if it's anywhere close. Idk but I would be curious to find out.

Rats are dosed at 4mg/g.

That works out to over 3/4 lb of MSG for a 200 lbs human.

I bet those rats are retaining massive amounts of water. LOL
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    The difference between naturally occurring chemicals and those that are man made/altered or added is astounding.

My only excuse for being the weight I am is I liked big portions of unhealthy foods but not anymore. :~)

Better living through natural law, not chemicals.
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Of course MSG causes obesity. That's why everyone is Asia is so fat.

Wait, WUT?

This. Is. Awesome.
  • NaBroski
    Options
    The difference between naturally occurring chemicals and those that are man made/altered or added is astounding.

My only excuse for being the weight I am is I liked big portions of unhealthy foods but not anymore. :~)

Naturally occurring glutamate

GLU1.jpeg

Man-made glutamate

GLU1.jpeg

Astounding!
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I do most of my cooking at home with natural ingredients. I avoid cornershop window crap as much as possible. Don't completely avoid it but have it moderation.

Doing home cooking you know what you are eating!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Sure.. but it's not pure glutamic when it's man-made, the chemical make up might be the same but naturally occurring glutamic is pure, while man made is not. Not to mention our bodies produce this chemical all on it's own, so it's completely unnecessary to add it to our foods.
  • NaBroski
    Options
    Sure.. but it's not pure glutamic when it's man-made, the chemical make up might be the same but naturally occurring glutamic is pure, while man made is not.

You may want to look up the definition of "refined".
    Not to mention our bodies produce this chemical all on it's own, so it's completely unnecessary to add it to our foods.

Unneccessary =/= harmful.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    When I saw the 2 question marks, I just knew I had to open this one.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

GLU1.jpeg

Man-made glutamate

GLU1.jpeg

Astounding!

tumblr_miweleSTDg1rnz84fo1_500.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I must be a special snowflake. Eating MSG hasn't harmed me at all.
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Even if you have an increase in appetite does not mean you can't put the fork down and still lose weight. Also, I would be interested to see the dosing in rats and what that is compared to a 200 lb human and if it's anywhere close. Idk but I would be curious to find out.

Rats are dosed at 4mg/g.

That works out to over 3/4 lb of MSG for a 200 lbs human.

I bet those rats are retaining massive amounts of water. LOL

Wow, I feel bad for those rats.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I suffer from Dorito-induced obesity myself.

Doritos have MSG, as do most flavored chips, and Cheetos, and Funyuns. :-(
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options

EVERYTHING is chemicals! That's natural law.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    One thing you can say about the OP is she's consistent. Consistently wrong. Always quoting something she read somewhere without being able to back it up with real knowledge.

I wonder, if OP is so educated, why doesn't she make any progress? Must be all the beer she drinks.

I don't know what your beef is with the OP, but MSG really does have an addictive quality, increase weight gain (partly because you're eating more, and partly because IT MAKES YOU OBESE), and it can cause migraines. There are people with MSG sensitivity, although that's not the topic here. The OP also provides her source; I didn't check it out, but I have read other studies and reports that say that these things are true.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

GLU1.jpeg

Man-made glutamate

GLU1.jpeg

Astounding!

I can make you some Sodium Chloride that you can add to your food.

LOL. Nice one.
  • rebitanormaleata
    Options
    Processed foods tend to make us fat. Avoid processed food, avoid MSG, problem solved.