Coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I slowly weaned off sugar, I actually do not like it now....and use Land o lakes Non fat creamer...still a little cal....but tastes good.
    Down to one large cup on days off, still need one to start my workday though....YOu will get there...If not nothing wrong with one little crutch....
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the REAL question here is - Do you drink coffee for the coffee or do you drink it for the sugary stuff?

Just wondering. I mean, I'm a coffee addict - grind the beans fresh every morning, either make it standard drip or in a french press. I like it black, sometimes with cream to bring out additional flavor, but too much cream, flavoring or adder can mask the actual taste of the coffee...Hence, why I ask the question.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    i use splenda, works great in tea n coffee!!!
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    I used to drink it with tons of sugar and creamer because I hated the taste of coffee but loved how it perked me up in the morning. When I started eating better and working out I gave it up altogether-that was the hardest thing (next to giving up Diet Coke!) to do. When I couldn't stand another sleepy morning at my desk I started drinking it just with skim milk. Not very exciting tasting but it does get the job done and it curbs my appetite for sure. Starbucks definitely felt the pain when I gave up all their sugary drinks!
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Sometimes the REAL question here is - Do you drink coffee for the coffee or do you drink it for the sugary stuff?

Just wondering. I mean, I'm a coffee addict - grind the beans fresh every morning, either make it standard drip or in a french press. I like it black, sometimes with cream to bring out additional flavor, but too much cream, flavoring or adder can mask the actual taste of the coffee...Hence, why I ask the question.

I started drinking it because my son didn't start sleeping all the through the night until he was about 2 1/2. The years of interrupted sleep got to me. I needed a pick me up in the morning to get me going & after dinner to keep me going until bed time (and 1 more in the afternoon). He is 3 1/2 now & sleeps all night. I have cut out my afternoon cup. But now I never feel 'truly awake' until I have my coffee. And since starting on MFP, it has replaced my dessert. So I guess the answer to your question is I drink it for the caffiene & sweet taste. Defiantly don't drink it for the coffee taste (sorry lol).
  • BrendaW1
    BrendaW1 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am a coffee addict and I love Hazel Nut creamer in mine. i have cut way down tho cause I know the creamer is not good for me.

1030961.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I have lost 21 pounds on my own since August but am at a stall and just joined the other day to see if I can get the scale to budge
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I use sugar-free creamers. I was horrified to discover that even the powdered creamers have a ton of fat and sugar in them. Coffeemate makes some good fat-free creamers, but the sugar content is what packs in the calories. I drink about 2 pots of coffee a day...that's right two POTS of coffee a day. I know this isn't good, but my schedule is based around my fiance's and I have to take him to work at 2:30am and still have some energy for the gym. So, sugar-free is the way to go for me. It does get a little boring, as there are only two flavors of sugar-free creamer that I can find.