Binged on chocolate..+1500 calories before 1pm

Options
2»

Replies

• SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    Move forward. Literally. I think a walk would make you feel loads better! And don't starve yourself the rest of the day it'll just make things worse. It happened, it's done, start fresh right now! :)
  • chunkadoo
    chunkadoo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Why do you have chocolates in the house if you can't control how many you eat??? Throw out the foods that cause you to binge and stay away from bad restaurants!!! It is not worth it.

Thank you, I needed this I'm going to throw it away food I lose willpower around
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ate out at BJ's and came home so full it was uncomfortable to sit. Today I started breakfast off healthy (Greek yogurt, berries, 1 slice of toast)...and then I opened a box of chocolate and couldn't stop eating it (I'm not even sure why I was eating it, I'm not hungry at all)

My calories/totals are completely over now--I'm in the red for everything.
    Trader Joes - Dark Chocolate Almond Bits, 1 container (10.5 oz (42g / 1/4cup) ea.) 1,470 168 91 21 315 140

What should I do for the rest of the day :(? I can't go for a run because I have bad knees, but I'm just wondering if it was even worth it to eat for the rest of the day? It's only 1pm where I'm at.

You simultaneously "had me" at "ate out" and "BJ's" and also lost me at "ate out" and "BJs". sorry the rest was lost on me. In the future try not to start your question so loaded. I swear there is a brain in here an i would have had lots of great chocolate tips, but my mind tends to wander sometimes. The end.
  • chunkadoo
    Options
    Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate the support! I'm really disappointed in myself (I actually bought them thinking I could portion it out/eat it over the course of a few weeks like my roommates can) but I'm going to just walk to the gym and walk/bike for an hour or more to try to burn some calories.
  • chunkadoo
    Options
    Yesterday I ate out at BJ's and came home so full it was uncomfortable to sit. Today I started breakfast off healthy (Greek yogurt, berries, 1 slice of toast)...and then I opened a box of chocolate and couldn't stop eating it (I'm not even sure why I was eating it, I'm not hungry at all)

My calories/totals are completely over now--I'm in the red for everything.
    Trader Joes - Dark Chocolate Almond Bits, 1 container (10.5 oz (42g / 1/4cup) ea.) 1,470 168 91 21 315 140

What should I do for the rest of the day :(? I can't go for a run because I have bad knees, but I'm just wondering if it was even worth it to eat for the rest of the day? It's only 1pm where I'm at.

You simultaneously "had me" at "ate out" and "BJ's" and also lost me at "ate out" and "BJs". sorry the rest was lost on me. In the future try not to start your question so loaded. I swear there is a brain in here an i would have had lots of great chocolate tips, but my mind tends to wander sometimes. The end.

LOL, sorry I didn't even catch that! People just refer to BJ's Brewery/Restaurant here as BJ's around here :p
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I would actually suggest just eating as normal, and then making sure that tomorrow you do that little bit extra just to stay on track.
    One day of going over isn't going to kill a week's worth of doing it right....

this
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    It happens. I did the same thing with a bag of praline pecans a few months back. 1500 calorie "snack". I've learned that you can't really trick your body with creating big deficits to make up for it, you just have to carry on work hard.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    One day of going over isn't going to kill a week's worth of doing it right....
    with this is i disagree...that extra 1400 calories today means you need to eat 233 calories less each day to balance over the week, thats like a snickers bar every day...1 day over can easily ruin a whole week, just dont get discouraged by this and make it two bad days because that's when it becomes real trouble

Droppin' science I see. Good call.
  • chunkadoo
    Options
    Just spent an hour at the gym (walked there and back), and burned 545 on the stair stepper.

Not sure if I can do that -233cal deficit--MFP suggests that I only eat 1200cal a day (I don't really stick to this, unfortunately--I think I'm closer to 1800 or so).