I don't get it

Options

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Is it mostly women playing dumb? Some do that because they think it's what men want.

Why the hell would they want dumb? :shrug: (Yes, I want new smileys) I like to actually interact with people on a level that doesn't annoy the p!ss out of me. I have low tolerance for dumb.

But...men only like women who flip their hair and giggle and talk about shopping and their latest mani-pedi, right? Intelligent, opinionated women are either uppity or "intimidating".
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    cough d!ck cough

You mean duck, right?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Probably because the internet is quick and casual, and not at the top of anyone's priorities (no one gets paid to do this).

You sound like my boss. :grumble:

:tongue:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Is it mostly women playing dumb? Some do that because they think it's what men want.

Why the hell would they want dumb? :shrug: (Yes, I want new smileys) I like to actually interact with people on a level that doesn't annoy the p!ss out of me. I have low tolerance for dumb.

Might want to avoid the cleanse threads then.

Trust me. I do. I avoid those and I avoid the ones with the <1200s and the fads, and the Dr. Oz posts.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP?

I would say since August 2012

Meh, then it should be obvious that people dumb their conversations down for entertainment, and to communicate more effectively with the masses. Wow, I never thought I'd use the term "masses!" MFP is negatively affecting my world view . . .
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

I missed that day in charm school apparently.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options

But...men only like women who flip their hair and giggle and talk about shopping and their latest mani-pedi, right? Intelligent, opinionated women are either uppity or "intimidating".

Yes. They are also intimidated easily.

Whatever floats your kayak.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

I don't know. Not in my book. Those are the annoying ones. I "snapped" at a very dear person to me for acting that way today. I find it intolerable when women act that way. Don't misunderstand me; I think it is ok to talk about those things if they are important to the person. Just don't squelch the important things.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Good guess.
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Only the dumb men :wink:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Meh, then it should be obvious that people dumb their conversations down for entertainment, and to communicate more effectively with the masses. Wow, I never thought I'd use the term "masses!" MFP is negatively affecting my world view . . .

You mean like asking dumb questions and seeing what lunacy people come up with? I mean, you seem to be a pro with how this forum thing works...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    cough d!ck cough

You mean duck, right?

I think he meant Richard. That's not my name though.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    cough d!ck cough

You mean duck, right?

You look like a Charles to me.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

I understand dumbing things down for the masses. In my job, I have to hand over anything I write to a support assistant who has the luxury of turning what I write into drivel that can be read at a 4th grade level. That frustrates me, but I understand being able to reach the lowest common denominator. Why in my inbox with PMs though?
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    cough d!ck cough

You mean duck, right?

I know someone named Richard Head, I think is parents had a cruel sense of humor.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

That's why I love you! At least one reason why.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

You mean like asking dumb questions and seeing what lunacy people come up with? I mean, you seem to be a pro with how this forum thing works...

Yep, masses . . .
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

That's why I love you!

This entire thread is why I love you.
  • CCJean93
    CCJean93 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm bad for slang and doubling my letters, on facebook & texting especially... Like short form words, just easier and what i've been accustomed to. but there's some grammatical errors & what not that drive me crazy!! At the same time no one likes a grammar Nazi either.. lol
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The language of the internet is colloquial rather than formal, and because your words are speaking for you, it's probably equally as likely the sentences are being formed as a stream of conscious effort rather than a grammatical one. Either way information still gets conveyed.