fasting cleanses?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It's called the Master Cleanse.

I suggest you read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story

Also: The Master Cleanse is a particularly ridiculous and potentially dangerous 'cleanse' as the extreme version of it encourages the use of enemas and laxatives. The loon who came up with this in 1940, Stanley Burroughs, was convicted of practicing medicine without a license and imprisoned, and he was convicted of second degree murder, later overturned, for his role in the death of a desperate leukemia patient, whose cancer Burroughs tried to cure with the Master Cleanse and other irresponsible batsh!t crazy practices. To put his totally whacko’ness into perspective, here is a following quote from him when asked about protein “we are able to assimilate and build the nitrogen also into our bodies as protein … by natural bacteria action….” In other words, by breathing!

There is absolutely no reason you need to detox or cleanse anything. Our body does a very good job of it already and there is no medical evidence that these diets actually rid the body of any toxins that would not be discarded in bodily waste under a normal diet.

Eat right, train, rest, repeat.

Edited for typo

As stated above, you are NOT to use laxatives and enemas during this cleanse. It is PURE natural. Thus don't believe everything everyone says on MFP. It would be nice if those who told you how to do it actually read the book.

I have tried the MC twice and today I started my third. If you would like to talk with positive people who have experience, I can connect you with people who have correct information and actual experience in groups on Facebook, etc.

There isn't much support here. They do things which *I* consider potentially dangerous (but hey, it's okay if THEY have their vice) . Last night I stated I was going on this cleanse and was told, "I will be thinking about you while I "eat my ice cream." wouldn't it be NICE to not have any weight and health issues and be able to eat ice cream every day? What's rude, is rubbing itn someone's face on a cleanse support link. Ice cream daily is sure healthier for your body than cleansing it. . .right? I mean really?

Anyway, let me know if you're looking for some answers to your questions and support, I'll connect you with the right people.

If you are referring that comment to me, I have absolutely no interest in doing something as ridiculous as the Master Cleanse, which by the way. did incorporate laxatives and enemas.

ETA: the OP herself mentioned laxatives. Also, please do not misquote me..I did not say that.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options

If anyone understood it. It was hilarious is what it was.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

I suggest you read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story

Also: The Master Cleanse is a particularly ridiculous and potentially dangerous 'cleanse' as the extreme version of it encourages the use of enemas and laxatives. The loon who came up with this in 1940, Stanley Burroughs, was convicted of practicing medicine without a license and imprisoned, and he was convicted of second degree murder, later overturned, for his role in the death of a desperate leukemia patient, whose cancer Burroughs tried to cure with the Master Cleanse and other irresponsible batsh!t crazy practices. To put his totally whacko’ness into perspective, here is a following quote from him when asked about protein “we are able to assimilate and build the nitrogen also into our bodies as protein … by natural bacteria action….” In other words, by breathing!

There is absolutely no reason you need to detox or cleanse anything. Our body does a very good job of it already and there is no medical evidence that these diets actually rid the body of any toxins that would not be discarded in bodily waste under a normal diet.

Edited for typo

As stated above, you are NOT to use laxatives and enemas during this cleanse. It is PURE natural. Thus don't believe everything everyone says on MFP. It would be nice if those who told you how to do it actually read the book.

I have tried the MC twice and today I started my third. If you would like to talk with positive people who have experience, I can connect you with people who have correct information and actual experience in groups on Facebook, etc.

There isn't much support here. They do things which *I* consider potentially dangerous (but hey, it's okay if THEY have their vice) . Last night I stated I was going on this cleanse and was told, "I will be thinking about you while I "eat my ice cream." wouldn't it be NICE to not have any weight and health issues and be able to eat ice cream every day? What's rude, is rubbing itn someone's face on a cleanse support link. Ice cream daily is sure healthier for your body than cleansing it. . .right? I mean really?

Anyway, let me know if you're looking for some answers to your questions and support, I'll connect you with the right people.

If you are referring that comment to me, I have absolutely no interest in doing something as ridiculous as the Master Cleanse, which by the way. did incorporate laxatives and enemas.

THE BOOK SAYS DO NOT HAVE LAXATIVES AND ENEMAS.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I suggest you read this:

Edited for typo

Did you read the OP?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

YEAH, that was a great thread. Read that, OP. You don't need a cleanse, you need a different mindset. Exercise and eat right and you've got it made. :smile:

^^yep
  • Ade2013
    Ade2013 Posts: 28
    Options
    there is no need to do a "fasting cleanse" however a lot of people use "IF" succesfully inlcuding bodybuilders / athletes etc , intermittent fasting is proven to be healthy for you, most people use it once or twice a week. try the eat stop eat program by brad pilon its very interesting reading.

Fasting is a practice that has been practiced for thousands of years and is still practiced to this day - it has both physical and spiritual benefits, all the drinking lemon tea etc is a scam though so dont get caught out . make your own decision on fasting by educating yourself on it.
    I have fasted many times , only of a maximum of up to 2 days a time and only seen positive benefits from it, however you will find many people only fast for 18 hours 1 day a week and still reap benefits.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    There isn't much support here.

you left off "for doing stupid things."

OP, listen to the folks that have been here found continued and proven success.
    there is no need to do a "fasting cleanse" however a lot of people use "IF" succesfully inlcuding bodybuilders / athletes etc , intermittent fasting is proven to be healthy for you, most people use it once or twice a week. try the eat stop eat program by brad pilon its very interesting reading.
    The OP isn't talking about IF. That requires self control and effort. They're looking for some magic juice that will make them want to die after a few days of drinking it, and thinking that it will be all they need to see change.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options

tumblr_lnfxmvdbxO1qhz3hpo1_500.gif

^^ This.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

I suggest you read this:

Edited for typo

Did you read the OP?

The correct terms would have been "herbal tea". Don't believe everything ppl say online. If she THINKS she is to take laxatives, she is incorrect. So sorry you believed the OP, she is incorrect.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about trying a fasting cleanse for 3 days (norm is ten days but I've never tired it before so I'm taking it slow). Does anyone have any experience with fasting cleanses?? It calls for saltwater drinks in the morning followed by lemon tea and grade B maple syrup drinks and at night senna laxative tea.

What toxins are you trying to cleanse, and why do you think your body isn't cleansing itself properly?

Have you had a test done that says you are full of toxins? And when you've done it, how will you measure that it has worked?

I'm fascinated in the fact that people trust this master cleanse when the medical fraternity say there is no evidence it does anything positive, and is potentially dangerous.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    double post
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I suggest you read this:

Edited for typo

CAPS LOCK!! COOL! DOES THAT MEAN YOU'RE YELLING CAUSE YOU'RE MAD?
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

Sure.great advice. They tell you they eat ice cream and poptarts every day. Yes, listen to them. They are either giving bad advice or rubbing it in your face.

BTW, eating sweets can kill more people than doing cleanse/
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I suggest you read this:

Edited for typo

Did you read the OP?

The correct terms would have been "herbal tea". Don't believe everything ppl say online. If she THINKS she is to take laxatives, she is incorrect. So sorry you believed the OP, she is incorrect.
    Senna is a laxative
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want to punish yourself. What did your body do to deserve being treated like that? Feed it well, exercise it well. Let it function as it was made to do, it doesn't deserve this!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Sure.great advice. They tell you they eat ice cream and poptarts every day. Yes, listen to them. They are either giving bad advice or rubbing it in your face.

BTW, eating sweets can kill more people than doing cleanse/

Not as part of an otherwise healthy diet. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about trying a fasting cleanse for 3 days (norm is ten days but I've never tired it before so I'm taking it slow). Does anyone have any experience with fasting cleanses?? It calls for saltwater drinks in the morning followed by lemon tea and grade B maple syrup drinks and at night senna laxative tea.

If you want a master cleanser schedule a colonoscopy!

About the rest of your topic NO, NO, NO!! The liver and kidneys do a great job cleaning our bodies, don
    t screw that up.

Like everybody said: eat healthy with portion control, exercise, drink water and enjoy life.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Again, don't believe everything people on MFP say who have never tried it. I didn't gain my weight back nearly a year later.
    If you are going to tell people to ignore sound advice, please bring some kind of argument to support your recommendation.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You have people who say, "don't cleans'. . ."eat ice cream daily". Who would listen to someone like that? That isn't a person who knows their stuff NOR who gives healthy advice.

Just because someone LOOKS healthy on the outside doesn't mean they are healthy on the inside. Don't be fooled.

Someone who insists on subsisting on a diet that consists of pepper and maple syrup isn't that healthy themselves.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg