Calling all Scientists

Options
13»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Environmental Sciences, specializing in GIS (Geographic Information Systems). I spent some time in Bro-Science but found it was just not for me...
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bachelors of Science in Physics, going into PhD in Physics now :)
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Professor of mining geology :)
  • NBSfit
    NBSfit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a BSc in Genetics, an MSc in Biomolecular Archaeology and a VetMB in Veterinary Medicine

Biomolecular Archaeology? That sounds BRILLIANT!

I have a BS in Microbilogy and Genetic Engineering from UCSB and a MS in Biotechnology with an emphasis on Cancer Biology from Johns Hopkins. My parents are confused as to how I ended up a personal trainer :) Really, I just needed a window.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    BS and PhD in neuroscience, currently an adjunct professor teaching biology and psychology.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wow impressive MFP'ers! I'm gonna buck the trend here - I am a different kind of scientist with a Masters in Actuarial Science.

Is that actuarially a science?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    With so many 'MFP scientists' out and about I was just curious as to how many actual scientist are lurking.
    If so what is your field of study and current concentration.

Me - BS Biology and MS Biochemistry..currently working for a Notified Body with a specialty in In-Vitro Diagnostics.
    And way too lazy to go for my PhD right now.

bah! there's no money in science. that's why i'm an electrical engineer. BSEE/MSEE.

...you can't spell geek without double-e. :drinker:

Or my bra size. D'oh, theres the cat out of the bag. FR storm weather gear activate!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Wow impressive MFP'ers! I'm gonna buck the trend here - I am a different kind of scientist with a Masters in Actuarial Science.

Is that actuarially a science?

Yep. I've worked with quite a few actuaries in my old job as an insurance underwriter.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Got my AA for "prereq's"
    and finishing up my PharmD in a just a few more months!!!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    BS in Biomedical Engineering (minor in biology) @ JHU, Masters in BME (cell adhesion, actin, TIRF microscopy and biomaterials, biosensors) @ Duke, DEA @ Compiegne, France (biomaterials, optics, cell adhesion) taught basic cell processes and biomaterials to medical candidates and lab work for 8 years. Designed hip implants, and cardiovascular material. I now work in Pharma on the non-science side.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    PhD Economics (social scientist with a bit of physical science envy :tongue: )
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have an MSc (Biology/Ecology) and I'm working on a PhD in Entomology :bigsmile:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    BS in Comp Sci (staying the hell away from hard sciences if I ever do decide I want to stop making money and go back to school...so it doesn't count in my opinion)
    PhD in bullsh*ttin'