Do u log ur alcohol/wine ????

Options

Replies

• floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    only if i am under in my calories by a lot. Alcohol actually burns itself! There was a MFP post on this a couple months back.......

Uh... no.

those calories don't count just like the cookie crumbs, Yeah, right!!!!!!!!!!
    The ONLY instance of alcohol not adding calories is if you cook with it and that is if YOU actually burn the alcohol away as in a "flambe" dish where you actually set it on fire. The flavor stays but not the alcohol. Don't believe everything that is written in MFP posts. Alcohol DOES NOT burn itself.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Like many other people have stated...if you're serious about making changes, all alcohol needs to be logged. It is just as full of empty calories as any soft drink....sometimes much more.
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yep and you should too. When I learned that my favorite drink was loaded with calories, I was shocked. I have since learned which drinks are lower in calories and it has helped a lot.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I generally have one glass of wine two to three times a week. In the two weeks since I've started logging food here, I've only poured one glass (Friday Night). I ended up only drinking about half of it, even though I had room for the calories. It's funny, I gave up diet coke about 6 weeks ago. Went cold turkey after drinking the equiv of 4-5 cans a day. Now, I prefer water or some berry/fruit flavored ice tea. Now, any bit of caffeine affects me (I'm not a coffee drinker).

I know I went off topic, a bit, but yes, I did log wine when I had it.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, mostly I don't.

For some reason those calories don't seem to have an impact on me, if I ate the same calories I know they would.
  • psgsummers
    Options
    Log it log it log it!

A whiskey might only set you back 50 calories, but a sugar laden pint of beer will push your intake up 150.. A few of those will really knock the diet.

The other thing about alcohol is that it is a total will-power killer. A glass of wine or two later and those pretzels/chips/kebabs will go down a lot less guiltily than if you were sober.

Also, a pina colada is equivalent to eating 2 slices of pepperoni pizza. Which would you rather have?
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I log my booze, as drunk as I was this past week in NOLA I'm sure a glass of something slipped through my radar. The scale will bare it all out when I weigh in...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I just wish there was a smiley face that rolled it's eyes for days like this...
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! There's a lot of calories in booze.
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    Yes I do. I love wine and the calories can really hold me back from making progress.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Always.
  • strongandskinnysoon
    Options
    Of course! There are so many calories in alcohol....

This is probably not the best idea, but to reduce my calories overall when drinking, I try not to eat a ton before hand. A normal sized meal is fine, but not a Thanksgiving sized meal. Then, while drinking, I try not to eat, but take the drinks more slowly. You get the same effect, but calories are lessened since you're a) eating less and b) drinking less.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    For sure, drinking is a weight loss killer. I need to log it to remind myself of that. The 12 beer in my log for last night is brutal.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Its one of the most calorie dense foods there are, if you want as accurate log as possible in order to lose weight like most people do here then its very important. Dont see the point in going to the trouble.of logging if your not going to be honest with yourself about it.

Zara
  • FightTheFrump
    FightTheFrump Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Gotta keep track of calories and stuff.
  • Cynclancurrie
    Options
    Yes, because it has a lot of calories. And even if it didn't, you may want to know (or may NOT want to know) how much alcohol you're drinking. I'd love not to log mine, because I shouldn't be drinking.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course. Often I use wine to bring me up to calorie limit at night. Also if you don't log it, thats 100+ cals you haven't counted. Or half a choc bar. Or a handful of chips....
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have my 2 bottles of Guinness in there for today ;)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    A pint of beer contains almost as many calories as a chocolate icecream lolly. Would you consider not logging that?