5 DAY DETOX

Options
13»

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

I had made my mind up, but actually posted to hear if anyone else had tried detoxing before.
    I have heard a lot of people say it is a good psychological boost after binging.
    But yeah, I think I'm going to stop posting thinking I will get support of everyone, because its apparent that some people are on here just to criticise and judge.

In future I will keep it to myself,
    Thanks to those who genuinely want to support though, I appreciate it.

It may not feel like it, but you got some wonderful support in here, especially from those who disagreed with your approach and gave you alternatives. True support isn't just telling the other person what they want to hear, but what they need to hear. Those comments came from a place of genuinely trying to help you, it's up to you on whether or not you choose to listen :flowerforyou:
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options

I had made my mind up, but actually posted to hear if anyone else had tried detoxing before.
    I have heard a lot of people say it is a good psychological boost after binging.
    But yeah, I think I'm going to stop posting thinking I will get support of everyone, because its apparent that some people are on here just to criticise and judge.

It may not feel like it, but you got some wonderful support in here. True support isn't just telling the other person what they want to hear. Those comments came from a place of genuinely trying to help you, it's up to you on whether or not you want to listen :flowerforyou:

Yes!!!!! What she said is true.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

It may not feel like it, but you got some wonderful support in here, especially from those who disagreed with your approach and gave you alternatives. True support isn't just telling the other person what they want to hear, but what they need to hear. Those comments came from a place of genuinely trying to help you, it's up to you on whether or not you choose to listen :flowerforyou:

^This. I wish I'd had this type of support long ago. The type of support that tells it as it is and educates me on the things I am doing. Just because you didn't get a bunch of people saying, "yay! Go mess with your body and we will pretend it is okay even if it isn't and could possibly hurt you physically or/and mentally" doesn't mean that the opposite reaction isn't support. In fact, I think the reaction you got is a much better response by 1000.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Apparently you have already made up your mind as to what you want to do. I'm not exactly sure what the point of your post was, except to inform people you don't know about something you are about to do.

You've already received plenty of good information about how detoxes/cleanses are pretty much useless, but I assume you're looking for people to come and give you the vindication you're looking for as you proceed with your choice to cleanse/detox. I'm sure you will find the support you're looking for and expect to hear how wonderful detoxes/cleanses are in about 6 days

If your mind is made up and this is the best choice, why do you need support? If you're looking for validation of a ridiculous idea, perhaps you should move along. Support doesn't always come packaged in people agreeing with your bad decisions. See you a few days after your detox when you binge again and wonder why it didn't work.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    I've heard that detoxing makes you feel a lot clearer and helps you mentally. Which is what I need.
    a good cardio workout is all you need =)
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Apparently you have already made up your mind as to what you want to do. I'm not exactly sure what the point of your post was, except to inform people you don't know about something you are about to do.

You've already received plenty of good information about how detoxes/cleanses are pretty much useless, but I assume you're looking for people to come and give you the vindication you're looking for as you proceed with your choice to cleanse/detox. I'm sure you will find the support you're looking for and expect to hear how wonderful detoxes/cleanses are in about 6 days

See, the thing is, what I find to be psychologically satisfying is answering the question that I have to mind.
    Understanding biologically how your body actually works and how you can sync with that is reassuring.
    Learn about the biology of your digestive system and you can put that behind you and focus on other matters.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    How much alcohol are you drinking?
  • Charlixoxo
    Charlixoxo Posts: 94 Member
    Options

If your mind is made up and this is the best choice, why do you need support? If you're looking for validation of a ridiculous idea, perhaps you should move along. Support doesn't always come packaged in people agreeing with your bad decisions. See you a few days after your detox when you binge again and wonder why it didn't work.

I said I had made my mind up, and I wanted to hear if anyone else had tried a detox. If you're going to be such an idiot, maybe stay off my post and move along yourself. Like I said, thanks for people who are GENUINELY supportive. Now I have heard from people who have tried it, unlike yourself, I have made my mind up to not detox. There's a way of speaking to people politely, and that is not the right way. So please, I am in a very vulnerable frame of mind at the moment, and don't need people like you criticising and judging because I asked people if they had any experiences of it so I could make my mind.

Thank you to everyone else- I will not be detoxing now I've heard your thoughts and views :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You can't cleanse your body from foods you've already long since digested and pooped out. Glad to hear you've taken the responses you've gotten to heart.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yes I have tried meditation, I use a lot of strategies to cope with anxiety. However a lot of my anxieties are related to food, hence why a detox may be good for the mind and mental health

Sounds like you should talk to your doctor. Let him know that you are so anxious about food that you are. Willing to do an extreme and less than healthy thing to your body.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean by "flush out carbs"

carburetors can get gummy from old/bad gas. they need to be cleaned so that parts do not stick. you can buy carb cleaner that comes in a spray can and you can flush out the gummy residue with this spray while running the engine.

that's what your mechanic means when he says he needs to "flush out your carb". if you have 2 vehicles that need this treatment at the same time, the mechanic may say he needs to "flush out your carbs".
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options

carburetors can get gummy from old/bad gas. they need to be cleaned so that parts do not stick. you can buy carb cleaner that comes in a spray can and you can flush out the gummy residue with this spray while running the engine.

that's what your mechanic means when he says he needs to "flush out your carb". if you have 2 vehicles that need this treatment at the same time, the mechanic may say he needs to "flush out your carbs".

or you could have a dual carb set-up
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

I prefer a carb compared to a fuel injector. Simple, easier to fix.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

I said I had made my mind up, and I wanted to hear if anyone else had tried a detox. If you're going to be such an idiot, maybe stay off my post and move along yourself. Like I said, thanks for people who are GENUINELY supportive. Now I have heard from people who have tried it, unlike yourself, I have made my mind up to not detox. There's a way of speaking to people politely, and that is not the right way. So please, I am in a very vulnerable frame of mind at the moment, and don't need people like you criticising and judging because I asked people if they had any experiences of it so I could make my mind.

Thank you to everyone else- I will not be detoxing now I've heard your thoughts and views :)

why not reach out for help here on how to deal with your food anxieties? the detoxing stuff is nonsense, but your anxieties are not. i'd bet you'll find lots of people here who know exactly how you feel and who have figured out a way to deal with those anxieties themselves.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I believe it's "meditation" not "mediation." When I get mentally snagged up, I take a long walk, listen to classical music, organize my stuff, get the car washed, read a book, play with my dog, call a friend, and knit. Yoga is an excellent calming exercise.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    why not reach out for help here on how to deal with your food anxieties? the detoxing stuff is nonsense, but your anxieties are not. i'd bet you'll find lots of people here who know exactly how you feel and who have figured out a way to deal with those anxieties themselves.

^^ QFT

I'm glad to hear that you decided not to detox, I hope that you will hunt out some help in dealing with your anxieties. It's no fun to be stressed like that. It can also lead to disordered eating, and help is out there for you.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    So I thought this week I would do a 5 day detox, just drinking cranberry and lemon juice as I hear they are very good for colon cleansing and for your insides.
    Not true. They were recommended by 2 urologists I've seen for helping to flush out kidney stones, though :drinker: I've never heard that it does anything beneficial for the colon. Most cranberry is not juice, but sugary water or, in fact, apple juice mixed with cranberry (and more sugar). Just clean up your diet and drink plenty of water. You'll feel better in 24 hours. It shouldn't take 5 days to deuce out.