Any petite ladies out there!

Options
Dexy24
Dexy24 Posts: 62 Member
I'm 5'1'' 147 lbs and want to get down to 125! Would love to see progress pictures and hear about your weight loss journey for some extra motivation and see what I have to look forward to! Thanks ladies! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm not a petite lady although I certainly admire their features.

I guess I'm just curious as to why petite women are always wanting to add other petite women?

Do you girls not feel confident around taller women?

Does it make you feel uncomfortable and less womanly and stuff?

Do you girls have like pillow fights and the tall ones have way too much of an advantage?
  • Dexy24
    Options
    Hahahaha the last one is NOT true... I actually have the advantage because I can take them out at the knees :happy:
    I can't speak for all petite women but I like to see pictures of people around my height so I can see what I might look like at that weight :smile:
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Im 4ft 10 so petite is an understatement can't say I have any friends my size in my cirlcle of friends.

We want to add other petite individauls because taller people take in more calories for one ,truth and when a short person gains 10 lbs its very obvious and not so obvious on somone taller.Makes sense.

Nope feel womanly I have curves petite is a hieght not a size , aka pants for instance instead of a 30 to 32 in inseam it would be 26, myself,28 or 29 and we are short waisted normally so clothes made for a taller paerson dont fit correctly.

No Im womanly just the same most friends of mine are taller than me anywhere from 5 ft to 5ft 11.

no advantadges in a pillow fight in being taller ,us smaller ones can duck can you ?lol
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

I guess I'm just curious as to why petite women are always wanting to add other petite women?

Do you girls have like pillow fights and the tall ones have way too much of an advantage?
    Actually, most women would prefer to be petite.

Assuming this was a serious question, petite, short women tend to require far fewer calories than other people to lose weight. There also are on MFP some doctors and shrinks operating sans license or basic information who think that everyone is supposed to weigh a minimum weight and eat a minimum number of calories even if it will prevent small women from reaching their goals.
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Here's my story! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/873475-p90x-and-insanity-toned-me-up?hl=p90x+toned+me+up

I say that I'm 5'2", but I'm really closer to 5'1", haha! I started at 148 and made my way down to 120 (although I've gained a couple pounds since these pictures were taken because I took a month long hiatus from weight training) - maintaining between 120-125 at the moment. I hope to get down to 115 before my wedding in September!

Honestly, if you put your mind to anything, you can do it. :D
  • Dexy24
    Options
    Cr01502 you learn something new everyday! and remember: good things come in small packages :tongue:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's not that we don't want to be friends with taller women. I love being friends will all different types of women and we often have a lot in common.

Maybe this is just for me, but because I am petite, it does not only apply to my height. My entire frame is very small, so a lot of things are different for me. With other petite women, we can share in understanding calorie goals, weight lifting goals, clothing resources (xxs), even where to buy shoes (since a lot of us have feet smaller than the smallest size sold in most mainstream stores at the mall). And discuss certain challenges or issues we may have. And because we are small, people will misunderstand why our weight is so low, but still healthy. Those are just some examples.

I'm 5'2", but not trying to lose weight.

Also, tall women post threads like this also. As well as women of different body types and frame sizes (those things are not height dependent, but can vary with height also).
  • fatbirdslimming
    Options
    When I hear the word petite, I assume it means thing and not necessarily small in height. Therefore perhaps I am petite in height but just not in size, lol.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't care for tall people. They use up all the water, washing their giant clothes and taking longer showers. They are destroying the environment! :angry:
  • CrystalRenee2013
    CrystalRenee2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a 24 year old female & i'm only 4'8.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I've got various pictures on my profile if you care to take a look. My wedding one is around 108 pounds, fall one is around 120-125. Bare belly about 9ish months post partum after second baby. I'm 5'2"
  • Cr01502
    Options
    I don't care for tall people. They use up all the water, washing their giant clothes and taking longer showers. They are destroying the environment! :angry:

Oh well that's a little unfair!

All you "petite" people make my life WAY more difficult.

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" Tug on leg.

"Can you reach this?" "Can you reach that?"

And I would actually argue that you shorter folks tend to go through shoes alot quicker than taller people due to the unnecessary amount of steps you guys need to take to get from point A to point B. THose shoes are clogging up landfills and doing irreparable damage to the environment!

:mad:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm a 24 year old female & i'm only 4'8.

I am glad you can wear heels and date literally any man you like, but please don't rub it in the rest of our faces. Aren't we all here for the same reason?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Hahahaha!

I can only speak for myself, I feel confident no matter who I'm around AND I love tall women, especially for pillow fighting.

5' tall and I started in the 140's I think, or close to it. I'm 113ish now with 16% body fat.
  • Contrarian
    Options

And I would actually argue that you shorter folks tend to go through shoes alot quicker than taller people due to the unnecessary amount of steps you guys need to take to get from point A to point B. THose shoes are clogging up landfills and doing irreparable damage to the environment!

Do you know how much more fabric needs to be manufactured for your stupid giant clothes? Those poor little children in the sweatshops do! :angry:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am fun size....not petite!!!!!!!

4'11"

Pictures in my profile. I eat 1700 calories a day to lose weight. Around 120 pounds size 4 right now
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have gone from 170 to 128. Pics in profile!
  • Cr01502
    Options

Do you know how much more fabric needs to be manufactured for your stupid giant clothes? Those poor little children in the sweatshops do! :angry:

And for everyone of those petite children in sweat shops there's two or three tall people grabbing stuff off shelves that they can't reach!

This is absurd! Am I the only one making any sense anymore?
  • Contrarian
    Options

And for everyone of those petite children in sweat shops there's two or three tall people grabbing stuff off shelves that they can't reach!

You can be replaced by a ladder.
  • Cr01502
    Options

You can be replaced by a ladder.

:frown:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!