Any petite ladies out there!

Options

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm not a petite lady although I certainly admire their features.

I guess I'm just curious as to why petite women are always wanting to add other petite women?

Do you girls not feel confident around taller women?

Does it make you feel uncomfortable and less womanly and stuff?

Do you girls have like pillow fights and the tall ones have way too much of an advantage?

FYI: this is not insulting--it's demeaning.

One reason we small gals like to hear from others is that we get tired of people here freaking out when we post our stats and calorie goals. We are not anorexic just because we are small, and it is so helpful to hear what other people our size are doing to lose weight.

Not only do we petite gals have a harder time losing weight, we must actually weigh less to be the same circumference ( read dress size) as our taller friends.

For instance--I am a size 4 at 115-120 lbs. it is sooo frustrating to read about someone 135 pounds who wears the same dress size as me!! not fair!

To OP: I am 45 and almost 5'3" ( I always say 5'3" if I stand up real tall), and currently weigh 120 lbs-size 4. I started at 156--size 16. It took me 11 months to lose all the weight and I did it by netting right at 1200 cals. I exercised (usually some cardio, although I added circuit training with cardio about halfway through) almost everyday and ate at least half of my calories back. That worked like a charm. Maintenance has been and continues to be tricky. I am actually up about 6-8 lbs over my lowest ( I touched 112 lbs for a couple of days!). I'm hoping to get back down to 114-115, which should be a size 2, especially since I am in better shape now.

So you can do it if you stick to it!
  • julez_webb_99
    Options
    I'm 5'3" on a good day in the morning and am down to 158 with a goal of 140. Don't think you need to weigh in the "teens" to be healthy/skinny if your a shortie either because at the moment I'm wearing size 9 jeans (with the occasional 7-and large tops but I've had a 36DD chest since I was 19 so unless that changes, I don't see me ever buying anything smaller....) And I can't fit anything in the petite section, too big of a chest and my legs are long so everything is to short!
  • Rachspo
    Rachspo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    4 ft 10 one a good day I weigh in at 126, average weight is 127. and I'm trying to be under 112-118...
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 167. Yea...that's a lot for someone my height. I have been working out and sticking to 1200-1400 calories most days and that seems to be working. Eating more than that did not work for me. My body is very stubborn.
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' 147 lbs and want to get down to 125! Would love to see progress pictures and hear about your weight loss journey for some extra motivation and see what I have to look forward to! Thanks ladies! :flowerforyou:

Just curious what size you are at 147lbs. I'm also 5'1" but I currently weight 160 I'm a size 10-12. I've always thought 10-12 was "average" (I have never been smaller than a 14) but I'm still obese and I know I have to lose at least 40 more pounds. Since I have never been smaller than a 12, I have no idea what would be "normal" for someone my height. 120-125 sounded about right for my height but I don't know.
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" - feel free to add me. Just started(again) my weight loss journey and log in daily. Being petite and curvy presents a slew of challenges in the clothing department...thank God for shoes!! :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity

Is one's height synonymous with one's temper?
  • katzbluez
    katzbluez Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The AF put it in my records that I was 5'3" & that my story & I am sticking to it... I don't call myself petite but just the right height for me.

My highest weight was 220, currently i am about 143. I would like to be smaller, but i am in a size 8 pants and a small top. According the the what all the websites say, my bmi has me at obese. I'm 42 yrs old, in better shape now that I have ever been in my life, curvy, and love myself and how far I have come in my weightloss journey. Can I lose more wieght?? Possibly. Will I lose more weight? I'm not going to kill myself to get to what society says I should be as opposed to what I am - happy. If I lose and tone more, all the better. If not, I take life one day at a time and improve what I can.

Short, tall, thin, not thin... when you love yourself, other people will see the real you & not your size. :wink:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity

The decreased space between brain and heart makes it easier to mix signals more often.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 45 year old wife and mother of two. My starting weight was 157 and I surpassed my goal in 2011 by reaching 121 lbs for a class reunion. Since then, the weight was slowly creeping back on. I've gained about 10-15 lbs since then and I'm working at getting those off again. I know what needs to be done to get back to where I left off. In my defense, my father passed away suddenly in February 2012 and I really didn't care about anything for that entire year. But I've regained my focus and ready to put in the work. Good luck! I'm proof that fun-sized people can reach their goals!

My story: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bjohs/view/down-30-pounds-response-to-questions-114202

beforeafter_03.jpg
  • Cr01502
    Options
    Just out of curiosity

The decreased space between brain and heart makes it easier to mix signals more often.

This actually makes alot of sense!

This is why they might seem a little more angry than people that aren't as vertically challenged.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    4'11" and stalled...anyone can add me, PLZ!!! lol!

We cannot help unless you open your food diary. What is your goal height?
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity

This makes sooo much sense! Thank you for clarifying.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity

This is why they might seem a little more angry than people that aren't as vertically challenged.

Yes, I am small and fiesty. I blame it all on the science of short people and not at all on the fact that I might just be hormonal.

There's also been numerous studies to show that the vertically challenged can also communicate with the dead. Something about us being closer to the ground and therefor being able to connect with the deceased.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    Just out of curiosity

Yes, I am small and fiesty. I blame it all on the science of short people and not at all on the fact that I might just be hormonal.

There's also been numerous studies to show that the vertically challenged can also communicate with the dead. Something about us being closer to the ground and therefor being able to connect with the deceased.

Whoa... that is trippy! My grandfather died last year from complications of being short. Maybe you could help me find out where he is, and if he grew when he got there?
  • Factory_Reset
    Options
    Just out of curiosity

I fall into the petite category, but I'm not quick to anger. Now I'm wondering if my heart and brain are too far apart. You know, you hear stories about people's insides being turned around.

Maybe when I reach my goal height of 5'5 I'll even out.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity

I fall into the petite category, but I'm not quick to anger. Now I'm wondering if my heart and brain are too far apart. You know, you hear stories about people's insides being turned around.

Maybe when I reach my goal height of 5'5 I'll even out.

hahaha I love this "goal height".
  • Cr01502
    Options
    How does one train to get taller?

I'm assuming eating at a surplus and undergoing some sort of stretching exercise.

Maybe yoga?

Is there anyway I can get shorter?

I'd like it if people thought I was cute when I got really really mad.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1"! currently 156. Goal weight is 130-135. :)
  • Factory_Reset
    Options
    How does one train to get taller?

I'm assuming eating at a surplus and undergoing some sort of stretching exercise.

Maybe yoga?

Is there anyway I can get shorter?

I'd like it if people thought I was cute when I got really really mad.

I don't think you can get shorter. I did read on the internet that there are some moves to help stretch me out. My partner and I work on them regularly, but he's gone alot. May have to start looking for someone to help me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!