Food Police-Boldest Thing Said To You????

Options
Inshape13
Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
I was sitting at a restaurant yesterday and mentioned to a relative's girlfriend that I ate too many chips.....I take a bite of chicken after that and she turns to me and loudly states- "Stop eating that, what are you doing! Get her a box so that she won't eat anymore!"

Note to self, do not mention to myself out loud that I ate too many chips. And, she is the one that keeps getting pissed that people repeatedly ask when she is due even though she has never been pregnant so maybe I should return the screaming favor to her.

Replies

• Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    My sister will always try to 'help me order my food' with coments like O so your having the pork hmm interesting what do you think of the salad?

apart from that nothing really since high school with the old, "do they have any food left" 16 year olds can be so witty
  • Penny427
    Penny427 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Nothing too major although I did ask my hubby about when he was quitting smoking, and he said when I start my diet.....it was only a joke but could be seriously misconstrued .... btw...been on this diet for a month..hes still puffin' away LOL!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    In the beginning my BF did a bit of that. I pointedly told him that either I had planned for the food or I had not, in which case neither was his business at all. He eventually got the point.
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was out to eat, I ordered a salad, french fries, and veggie burger (am a vegetarian). Waiter comes with my food, I eat most of it then order a 2person dessert, and he goes "Wow, haven't you had enough?"

I proceeded to point to my 8mo pregnant belly and say "the dinner was for me, the dessert is for him".
    I was insatiable from 6mo-8 1/2 (when i had him) and even after, breastfeeding makes me SO hungry.
  • Penny427
    Penny427 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was out to eat, I ordered a salad, french fries, and veggie burger (am a vegetarian). Waiter comes with my food, I eat most of it then order a 2person dessert, and he goes "Wow, haven't you had enough?"

I proceeded to point to my 8mo pregnant belly and say "the dinner was for me, the dessert is for him".
    I was insatiable from 6mo-8 1/2 (when i had him) and even after, breastfeeding makes me SO hungry.
    Some people are just incredibly rude! And they work in public service :noway:
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

There went his tip.
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    Not exactly "food policing" but I was in a group setting where we had to introduce ourselves with some interesting fact and I couldn't think of anything. Someone suggested I say my favorite food to which the group facilitator and self identified fat-phobic said, "I bet it's not cottage cheese." :indifferent:
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    every time I have anything remotely sweet or alcoholic my mom tells me.. "you are going to gain it all back, you cant stay thin eating like that".. BTW she is morbidly obese
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I really don't get anything like that. I generally just get little comments because I'm a strict vegetarian. These may or may not be purposefully rude... Never entirely sure.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    a family member told me "when i see you eating things like hamburgers, it makes me cry". wow...I had no response to that.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Honestly, I hope you told his manager. Someone needs a little mind filter help.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I ate ONE hershey kiss in front of a coworker who stared at me and said, "You can't have that. Aren't you on a diet?"

I was shocked for a second then responded, "No, I'm just trying to eat healhier" grabbed a second hershey kiss and walked away.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options

I would ask to speak to his manager, and he sure as hell wouldn't be getting a tip!
  • ellenkxxx
    ellenkxxx Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not exactly "food policing" but I was in a group setting where we had to introduce ourselves with some interesting fact and I couldn't think of anything. Someone suggested I say my favorite food to which the group facilitator and self identified fat-phobic said, "I bet it's not cottage cheese." :indifferent:
    This post reminded me of Fat Fighters on Little Britain!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I often get, "I can't believe you eat all that." or "How do you eat that much?" I'm on a 2000 cal diet to maintain. THen I pleasantly tell them to pick up heavy things and they can eat a lot too lol
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Mine is kind of the opposite. Before I started hormones for infertility I was always stick thin. I never enjoyed it, it was just how I was. People were always very blatantly, insulting the amount of food I would eat. One time, at a buffet, two women got behind me and were like, we'll get what she gets, no one is gonna say she eats too much. Or something to that effect.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    LOL I though you were gonna get a salad hmmmmma after I ordered the fishermans platter
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    You should never eat after 7pm if you want to lose weight...thanks for the unsolicitated advice Mr. Coworker who has at least 30 lbs of extra weight.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I hear from people that I eat too much. I politely point out that I have lost close to 100 pounds eating this much and maybe they should try eating more. Usually shuts them right up!!