Survivor Watchers???

Options
13»

Replies

• mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    So tonight's the last episode before the finale, right? Should be a good one!

I was just trying to figure out if it was the last epsiode..........so will the finale air on Sunday?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    So tonight's the last episode before the finale, right? Should be a good one!

I was just trying to figure out if it was the last epsiode..........so will the finale air on Sunday?

Yep! I just saw it in the TV listings. The finale and the reunion are both on Sunday.
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    They are all idiots for not voting Russell off week after week after week

I hope he stays and wins it all though lol

Agreed - did they miss his season? He should have been the first one out.
  • mabear74
    Options

His season hadn't aired on TV yet, so they had not gotten to see him in action, or I think that things would have been very different!
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options

His season hadn't aired on TV yet, so they had not gotten to see him in action, or I think that things would have been very different!

That's something that really annoys me about this season...everyone else's playing style has been exposed except Russell's, because his season hadn't aired yet. With a game as strategic as Survivor, that gives Russell a huge advantage. If the villains had seen Russell in action before this season, there is NO way they would have let him past the first week.

I think he's a misogynistic scumbag.

Can't believe we're down to two episodes...this has been a really great season. I was so sorry to see Boston Rob go-when he built fire in the first episode, I was like, DAMN DUDE! That rules! And I loved that he called Coach a "little man" when he got voted off.
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options

i didn't realize that it had not aired yet but it makes sense. Maybe he will go tonight:wink:
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    With Rupert being gone I am worried Russell is gonna get voted off. He is easily the best at game playing....I am wondering if he can possibly sway Jerri and Colby to vote out Sandra or Pavariti
  • mabear74
    Options
    Colby will vote whatever way has the best chance at keeping him in the game. That immunity is getting to be even more imortant. Can't wait till Sunday.
  • iamkaki
    iamkaki Posts: 3
    Options
    Although Russell is a bit of a scum bag, he can play the game. Looking forward to Sunday's show. Will miss it when it's over.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but I really wanted to see Russell go after Parvati and get her voted off! lol At least now I understand how everyone was taken in by Russell again. I didn't know his season hadn't aired before this one started either. lol
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I am pissed Sandra won. She did nothing all season to deserve the million. Parvarti and Russell deserve it way more than her. They actually played the game and won challenges. It was my first time watching a full season of Survivor and I loved it, but the way they vote in the end is kinda stupid. Of course nobody voted for Russell, because he out played them all. He destroyed Boston Rob's alliance by himself and made a ton of moves. Parvarti won a ton of challenges and played the game well too.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    See, now I disagree with this. Russell made his own bed by pissing off every one of the jury. Everyone who plays survivor knows that part of the game is making sure people in the jury like or at least respect you, he didn't do that, and thus deserved what he got. I'm not a big parvarti fan, but I do respect her game, she was great in the immunities at the end, and deserved to be there, but I can't fault Sandra, she was smart enough to realize pretty early that her alliance was doomed, and immediately started to hedge her bets and not get on too many people's nerves, that's a big part of the game.

I think Parvarti is a better overall competitor, but I think Sandra's game play and instincts were better. In Survivor, sometimes the best play you can make is not to make a big play, and that's what she did. She tried to get Russell out, but did it in a way that, if it didn't work, she wasn't immediately targeted for voting, that's smart game play if you ask me. You can bet anything she played up both her mom's death and her husband being in Afghanistan to the other players, and as long as she did it tastefully (I.E. in private, while in conversations) I'm all for using sympathy for votes, that's just good strategy IMHO. Was some of it luck for her? Sure, but it was more her recognizing the flow of the game and manipulating her relationships in order to stay under everyone's radar.
  • mabear74
    Options
    See, now I disagree with this. Russell made his own bed by pissing off every one of the jury. Everyone who plays survivor knows that part of the game is making sure people in the jury like or at least respect you, he didn't do that, and thus deserved what he got. I'm not a big parvarti fan, but I do respect her game, she was great in the immunities at the end, and deserved to be there, but I can't fault Sandra, she was smart enough to realize pretty early that her alliance was doomed, and immediately started to hedge her bets and not get on too many people's nerves, that's a big part of the game.

I think Parvarti is a better overall competitor, but I think Sandra's game play and instincts were better. In Survivor, sometimes the best play you can make is not to make a big play, and that's what she did. She tried to get Russell out, but did it in a way that, if it didn't work, she wasn't immediately targeted for voting, that's smart game play if you ask me. You can bet anything she played up both her mom's death and her husband being in Afghanistan to the other players, and as long as she did it tastefully (I.E. in private, while in conversations) I'm all for using sympathy for votes, that's just good strategy IMHO. Was some of it luck for her? Sure, but it was more her recognizing the flow of the game and manipulating her relationships in order to stay under everyone's radar.

ITA......there is more then one way to play the game. Sometimes I'm sure it's harder to stand back, and not be in control. She did what she had to do to stay around, not make people angry at her. True Russell play hard, but he played hard and mean. Turned his back on some of his own alliance, that in the end is what I think did him in. I wonder how he felt when he didn't get even one vote? Pavarti played well, too.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I just want to know why million dollar oil man does not fix his missing tooth. I'm just sayin'
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I just want to know why million dollar oil man does not fix his missing tooth. I'm just sayin'

Absolutely, that was the first thing my wife said when he won the $100,000. Now maybe he can get his tooth fixed.

How can someone go on National TV with a missing tooth in front?