Healthy RANCH dressing!

Options

Replies

• LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will give this a try. We buy ranch dressing mix in bulk, we like it on chicken, potatoes, popcorn, etc.
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually end up not liking stuff with greek yogurt in it but I'll have to give this a shot since I love ranch.
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe to make your own ranch seasoning and then all you need to do is add it in with greek yogurt:
    http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/homemade-ranch-seasoning-mix/
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Funny, ny running coach just posted one similar xpect she used no milke an O% Fat Greek yogurt...made it 100% Guilt free! I loved it! Also, for kicks try the feista or the spicy ranch! Yummo!
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    calories: 201 ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You can alway try )% fat greek ypgurt for 100% guilt free =-) It's what I do!
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    marking this for later, one of my kids will drink the bottle if I let him.
  • VictoriaSteel
    Options
    I made this last night and it is AMAZING!!!! If you're a ranch lover this will be a new staple in your house!
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janeensan
    janeensan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I must try this. My evil friends in college taught me to dip my pizza in ranch dressing....so it's no wonder I'm on MFP!! Hahahah

I know, right? I can't eat pizza without Ranch any more!!
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yep - just tried this - and it was a HIT! Girls at the office all wanted recipe. I believe this makes about 10 ounces correct?

Gotta try it!!
  • lbrown73
    lbrown73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! If you want to try a healthy store-bought ranch dressing, Bolthouse Farms makes a great one! It's yogurt-based, and you can find it in the refrigerated section near the produce in most grocery stores. Only 45 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving. And it tastes great! http://bolthouse.com/product/classicranch
  • AWelden2012
    AWelden2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KansasRider
    KansasRider Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bumping to try
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Sounds great
  • jcash6
    jcash6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Swats915
    Swats915 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Thank you for posting this recipe. I love ranch dressing but have a slight intolerance for mayonnaise and sour cream. I can't wait to try this!!
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I usually get the light ranch (or caesar) and water it down with 2% milk just a little
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    For me, healthy ranch would be homemade:

-homemade mayo (made from egg, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, any variety of healthy oil-olive, avocado, macadamia, etc)
    -homemade yogurt (perhaps a 3 mayo to 1 yoghurt ratio); yogurt can be made with coconut milk as well
    -homemade ranch seasoning (parsley, dill, basil, salt, pepper, paprika, mustard, onion, garlic... and whatever)

The above is a great way to get in healthy fats and skip canola, soy, msg, etc. It doesn't take long to make (as long as the yoghurt is already made) and it's better than the stuff in a packet or from the store imo.