Healthy RANCH dressing!

Options

Replies

• BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to stay away from things in packages, you can modify it by using the greek yogurt, low fat buttermilk, and dried thyme and sage. I always wondered what secret ingredient to Ranch dressing was. Turns out it is buttermilk and sage. Tastes just like the HVR stuff, only there is nothing artificial :)
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!
  • BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100
    Options
    How many servings in all? I know it says 201 calories for the entire batch, but how many individual servings does it make? I'm guessing it's 2 tablespoons like regular ranch?
  • mollyya90
    mollyya90 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Trying this!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    How many servings in all? I know it says 201 calories for the entire batch, but how many individual servings does it make? I'm guessing it's 2 tablespoons like regular ranch?

My salad dressing tomorrow will be 200 calories for 3 freaking TBSPs. Must try this. i've never seen the hidden valley ranch packets before. Has anyone seen these in Canada?
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in healthy ranch dressing, sorry. I use lemons/limes as dressing :)
  • samweee
    samweee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump :)

thanks!
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bumb for later
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    ty
  • nonnilane
    nonnilane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    is "bumpity bump" supposed to qualify as conversation?
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • irivas1
    irivas1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe to make your own ranch seasoning and then all you need to do is add it in with greek yogurt:
    http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/homemade-ranch-seasoning-mix/

This recipe is one that I plan to use! Thanks! :smile:
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have been making this Dip for over 1 month.
    I really like it.

I use OIkos Plain Yogurt that is just as good.
    Calories are: 16 Calories for 2 Tablespoons.
  • ttmspeace
    ttmspeace Posts: 240
    Options
    I love Ranch too,but I have let it go,but I will have to try this. A lot of good ideas on this feed.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This looks like a great alternative to the "real thing" with less calorie count! I'm going to try it but I have a boat load of HVR in the cupboard!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Umm . . . I love ranch dressing but I don't eat it because of the, you know, large amount of calories. The alternative the OP suggested sounds awesome.

But, this post? I don't keep mayo in the fridge so I can only go by MFP and other random internet searches . . . but there are about 90 calories in just a TEASPOON of mayo. A 1/2 cup can run anywhere from 450 to 800 calories. Mayo is pure calories/fat in a spoon (again, estimations, I don't buy or eat mayo). So, how is this healthy, and/or why was it posted here?

I am willing to try to the greek yogurt version though, just to mix things up. Thanks for the post!

Hellman's Light Mayo is only 35 calories per Tablespoon. (a condiment packet is only 30 and mixes up nicely with one hard boiled egg yolk to make 2 quick deviled egg halves :wink: )

Kraft Mayo Fat Free is only 10 calories a tablespoon and it is WONDERFUL!!!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy, going to have to try this! Love Ranch!!
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try this!!!