Ramen Noodle recipes?

Options
hiyomi
hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
I've been craving ramen noodle soup lately and have been wanting to try making a "fancy" dinner soup for myself. Does anyone have any ideas how I can spike it up for a dinner sized meal? :D

Replies

• hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Skip the "ramen" noodles...did you know they are FRIED before dehydrating/packaging? I do now! Try whole grain or whole wheat pasta :-)
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs, peas, shredded carrots, hot sauce....... the sky is the limit. my boyfried boils it and while its boiling he just drops an egg in it and starts to stirring. apparently he says its good......
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I add chicken chunks and frozen spinach leaves to it, but be careful using the whole spice packet...there's a ton of sodium in it.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Skip the "ramen" noodles...did you know they are FRIED before dehydrating/packaging? I do now! Try whole grain or whole wheat pasta :-)

hey when you are craving something, eat it. dont kill yourself over it just bc its not the most nutritional item in the market.
  • tazhinshaw
    tazhinshaw Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I drain the water after my noodles are done and then add the seasoning and then fry it in the skillet a bit w/ a few veggies. yummmy
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    A can of white chunk chicken, fresh chopped cilantro, lime juice and hot sauce! Yum!
  • ShannaHeidelberg
    Options
    Get the shrimp flavored kind and add real shrimp to it. It's wonderful. My boyfriend and I just threw this together by accident one weekend and we were both surprised at how good it really was.
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I add it to this recipe. Amazing:

www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/607509-65-or-90-calorie-meal-snack
  • Lovlilyn
    Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have you ever made this salad with them?

http://www.food.com/recipe/chinese-ramen-noodle-salad-140998

It's very yummy. You can skip putting in the flavor pack (it only calls for 1, btw, so the sodium posted here is actually much less), and save some additional sodium. The calories are higher than actual, I believe, because it assumes you'll be consuming all that dressing, but actually, it ends up in the bottom of the bowl. Also, I only use 1/3c sugar and 1/3c vinegar in the dressing. I add shredded carrots, and you could add other ingredients like green or red pepper.
  • hollygoddess
    Options
  • hollygoddess
    Options

*eyeroll* Always one in every thread.
    WOW not too nice are ya? Just tryn' to help :-/
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, we used to take broccoli, carrots, peas from the dining hall and throw them in ramen noodles for late night snack. You can put in hot sauce. Add a raw egg and start mixing it rapidly as others have noted. You do not have to add the whole spices package. Use half and keep the rest to mix it with angel hair pasta to make soup in the future.
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I make a half a package and add some soya sauce, siracha and a drop of sesame oil. Then i add some chopped up spinach, red peppers and mushrooms. Once the veggies are soft i drop and egg in and let it poach.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    when i was in college i would skip the packet of seasoning since i dont do chicken or beef, and put sweet and sour sauce over the noodles after i drained them. it was tasty.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,702 Member
    Options
    Only the wheat based egg noodles are pre-fried. If you want to cut down on calories look for rice based noodles or even better then bean vermicelli based noodles. Calorie difference is quite dramatic.

I have the bean or rice noodles for lunch sometimes on weekends and beef them up with snow peas, green beans or broccoli. Will also poach an egg in the broth.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Whatever I do with them I always add frozen peas at the end for some reason, but prawns and egg have been most popular choices here. Now I'm thinking tofu would also be good in there:)
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like Chicken ramen and I throw in Green onion! :) it actually makes a huge difference
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Me thinks you've never actually had real ramen
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just saw a book on this at the book fair...........the possibilities are endless! The beef one would be nice with cashews, peppers, onion, and teryaki beef. My aunt once made a salad and did not cook the noodles, it was crunchy and flavorful.:smooched:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I recently made ramen, then added left over Thai Tom yum soup, then some more shrimp and veggies+ Sriracha. Lots of Sriracha. It was a masterpiece.