Ramen Noodle recipes?

Options

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I drain the water after my noodles are done and then add the seasoning and then fry it in the skillet a bit w/ a few veggies. yummmy

this is the way to go. the crunch is awesome. I generally skip the seasoning, though, and add soy sauce.
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Only the wheat based egg noodles are pre-fried. If you want to cut down on calories look for rice based noodles or even better then bean vermicelli based noodles. Calorie difference is quite dramatic.

I have the bean or rice noodles for lunch sometimes on weekends and beef them up with snow peas, green beans or broccoli. Will also poach an egg in the broth.

Thanks for the info! :smile:
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This bad boy was one of my post-workout meals last summer. I named this Championship Ramen Bowl: egg (which I boil with the ramen noodles and then slash it happily to watch the lovely yolk ooze out), mixed veggies, diced chicken, fried onion and a very healthy dollop of Sriracha.

Slurp obnoxiously with every bite to fully enjoy the awesome.

30c400n.jpg
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Soft-boiled egg, few slices of pork ribs, seaweed, bamboo shoot, spinach for toppings. Instead of using the package seasoning, use miso as soup base.
  • Shanda1975
    Shanda1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cook ramen and drain, saute sliced onion and mushrooms add the ramen and cook together until mixed. My favorite way to eat them.
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A good one is to cook with chicken stock/broth vs water, and stir in a small amount of chicken and a scrambled egg for egg drop noodle soup (can add celery and carrots for more of a chicken noodle soup type dish). There are also a number of cookbooks out there just on Ramen Noodles....
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love this page, it has pretty much every single thing you can do with ramen noodles! http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/ramen-hacks-30-easy-ways-to-upgrade-your-instant-noodles-japanese-what-to-do-with-ramen.html
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend makes chicken ceasar ramen a lot. Cook and drain the noodles, ate a cut up chicken breast and top with ceasar dressing. It's actually pretty good, although I don't eat it much anymore.
  • SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Skip the "ramen" noodles...did you know they are FRIED before dehydrating/packaging? I do now! Try whole grain or whole wheat pasta :-)

Maybe she wasn't talking about the noodles that come in a bag. If she was, I'll give you another little bit of history behind them that you may not know. They're delicious. If you can't handle 400 calories of delicious noodles once in awhile, it's not the ramen's fault.
  • dacadoo
    dacadoo Posts: 32
    Options
    I love to use them in a stir fry. brown some groud beef, drain add a bag of frozen stir fry veggies, broken up ramen the season pack and some water. Slap on the lid and let it simmer/steam til the noodles are tender and the veggies look thawed.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    hey when you are craving something, eat it.

Worst advice ever?
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My husband needs a lot of calories and often asks me to make ramen noodles for him as a snack... I make 2 packets (not the cup kind) but once I found out how much sodium that was, I didn't feel right giving that to him!

It might not be a "recipe" but it cuts the crazy sodium. I use only 1 of the 2 seasoning packets that come with the noodles. To make up for the other one, I add a Herb Ox sodium free instant beef bouillon packet and then just add some onion powder, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. He likes it even better than when I just used both packets that came with the ramen. (: A bit better for you too!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Worst advice ever?

Why is this the worst advice ever? I mean, I'm sure they meant "eat it in moderation". Not, "go to your local grocer and clear the shelf off in a sweeping arm motion into your cart and eat all 137 packages of Ramen once you get home."
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Skip the "ramen" noodles...did you know they are FRIED before dehydrating/packaging? I do now! Try whole grain or whole wheat pasta :-)

Maybe she wasn't talking about the noodles that come in a bag. If she was, I'll give you another little bit of history behind them that you may not know. They're delicious. If you can't handle 400 calories of delicious noodles once in awhile, it's not the ramen's fault.
    Wow are there some snotty people on this thread or what?!!! I'll give you a bit of advice: I choose to "handle" what I want, & that includes NOT spending 400 calories & a BAZILLION sodium grams on yes the PACKAGED kind!!! WOOT WOOT for good old fashion whole fresh food :-))
  • Samifer
    Samifer Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Worst advice ever?

Why is this the worst advice ever? I mean, I'm sure they meant "eat it in moderation". Not, "go to your local grocer and clear the shelf off in a sweeping arm motion into your cart and eat all 137 packages of Ramen once you get home."

LOL Seriously, thank you! This made me laugh and it was much needed today.
  • Samifer
    Samifer Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Wow are there some snotty people on this thread or what?!!! I'll give you a bit of advice: I choose to "handle" what I want, & that includes NOT spending 400 calories & a BAZILLION sodium grams on yes the PACKAGED kind!!! WOOT WOOT for good old fashion whole fresh food :-))
    I think you were greeted with snotty responses because yours came off that way a bit. Just read what you type, is all. /I/ understand that you're saying there are better options, but I /also/ understand that sometimes you just need to have something you like. It's about balance. So calm down-- no one's trying to attack you. :)
  • elis_mama
    Options

Worst advice ever?

LOL Seriously, thank you! This made me laugh and it was much needed today.

No prob! We all need a laugh once in awhile! I actually just giggled at it again, because I was picturing myself doing just that as I was typing it. LOL!

On a side note, I am now OFFICIALLY craving Ramen!! Dang it! Love that horrible stuff! It's true.....
  • t4shara3
    t4shara3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Going along with this - sometimes the store has low sodium ramen packets. If I see it, then I grab a few, even if i'm not craving it at the time. Look for these! At least then you (kind of) fix the sodium issue!

Regarding the other person that said her bf adds eggs - this is how you do egg drop soup, so i'm sure the egg is awesome in it!

(and ps i'm on a low carb diet, thanks for making me crave ramen!!! lol)
  • elis_mama
    Options
    This bad boy was one of my post-workout meals last summer. I named this Championship Ramen Bowl: egg (which I boil with the ramen noodles and then slash it happily to watch the lovely yolk ooze out), mixed veggies, diced chicken, fried onion and a very healthy dollop of Sriracha.

Slurp obnoxiously with every bite to fully enjoy the awesome.

30c400n.jpg

Will be making this SOON!
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    a fried egg and spam meat is a good combo but not so healthy! lol.. i usually add some veggies and crack an egg in the water, it becomes a poach egg!