do I have the right to be irritated?

Options

Replies

• TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    Yeah I would be irritated too. Not to defend him, but alot of times people (men) say things, and the way they think it sounds is totally opposite! I'm sure he was trying to say that his wife is a beginner into fitness and that looks like a good workout for her, without knowing that what he said can be interpreted in a rude way. I personally don't like going to the gym (its always filled with model looking people) and especially HATE when people try and talk to me. I'm on THESE types of websites to find motivation and friends, NOT the gym.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If you're getting a stitch in your side you aren't breathing right.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but there is entirely too much talking in general in gyms.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I don't know why her having a desk job means she must be unfit? It wouldn't have bothered me, I don't work out so that others can watch in awe at how hard my moves are.
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think he spent the better part of a day quietly plotting the perfect comment that would derail all your efforts and send you into a shame spiral.

OR he just thought that was a cool exercise you were doing, like he said.

haha, it didn't derail me, i just pushed that much harder, but yeah, i don't hink he meant it in a negative way, i just took it that way:
    moving on........
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking more that it was something he'd like to see his wife doing. In other words, it was admiration. If you take it as anything other than that, then you may want to grab some Midol.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    LOL I took it as he was checking you out feeling guilty about it cuz he's not attracted to his desk job wifey.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Stupid is as stupid does
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Right to be irritated denied.

Just kidding. Seriously? Why would you care what some stranger from the gym thinks? If it was meant to be insulting, it says a lot more about him than it does about you.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    " that looks like a good exercise for my wife to do......she sits a a desk all day"

I am taking it to mean he thinks it would be a good exercise for his wife to do because she sits all day, and he thinks it would help her to not look like she sits at a desk all day.
    this. wtf OP, i think he was just being conversational... :huh:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Ha ha..answer to this guy..."You look like the guy in a picture I saw while working with a client that just wanted to talk and be spotted...she hated this excercise...."
  • volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Move on.
    x2
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    this was an insult along the lines of "my wife can do better". do what my husband does and retort any "my wife" insult with a "banged your wife" response. shuts them up forever.

next time you see him at the gym march straight up and go "your right! i showed those to your wife along with a few other things *wink* and she LOVED them!" then be prepared to duke it out . issue resolved.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    You are looking way too into this. :laugh:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Just break up with him.
  • Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    Options
    I don't let things like that bother me
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure he didn't meat it the way you took it. Even if he did, who cares?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I think he spent the better part of a day quietly plotting the perfect comment that would derail all your efforts and send you into a shame spiral.

OR he just thought that was a cool exercise you were doing, like he said.

haha, it didn't derail me, i just pushed that much harder, but yeah, i don't hink he meant it in a negative way, i just took it that way:
    moving on........
    No. I don't think so. I think he was intentionally being a douche. I know douches, I'm married to one and he works with a bunch of them. This kind of sly insult is a normal part of douche behavior and is fun and hilarious. Get in the game.
  • keenster
    keenster Posts: 16
    Options
    Hit him with the chain and be done with it.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    He was calling you a sissy.