Girls 5'10 + needed as friends/weight loss stories

Options
Hi

I am a 6ft girl from the UK i have been on here for over a year been a lot more serious about it since January. I have lost 18 pounds but have a total of 72 pounds to lose.

I seem to have halted for 3 weeks and i am frustrated!!!

I would like to hear your success stories and hear your inspirational journeys! I would love to have some more friends who are tall girls so i can see what your diaries are like and get an idea if I am on the right track!

Thanks!!

Replies

• degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I saw 5'10" and thought my 5'8" might be in the ballpark, but I can't compete with 6ft. :) But here's a bump anyway. :) Good luck!
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hola! From the UK too and 5"10 been doing this since October but stalled in January :grumble: only in the last couple weeks has the weight been dropping again. Feel free to friend and look at my diary. Be warned I'm not a healthy eater! But I hit my goals :happy:
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0" in the US. Don't really have much more to lose so eat just below maintenance. But feel free to add me :)
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not a tall girl, 5' 3" ha, but you are welcome to add me. I have about 83 pounds to lose and my journey has barely started. I began working out 5-6 days a week and eating better at the end of January. I've lost 17 pounds so far. I know I am on the right track, even though the weight loss has slowed down a bit. It can get really frustrating but it will be worth it if we just stick to it! I am currently doing Insanity. When I finish I plan on doing Ripped in 30 before starting my second round of Insanity.

You can do it! MFP is very helpful and encouraging.
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    5'11 from us (california) i have lost a little over 60 have about another 50 to lose hopefully before my wedding in august. ihavnt been losing much since november but i can see my body changing. i am building muscle and sculpting mybody. its hard to keep going when the scale isnt moving. but keep going it will pay off.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and from the US... I have lots of tall gals as friends on this site, because we have to stick together! There is also a group out of all tall women!
  • Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 - looking to loose 26 more lbs

need buddies for motivation and support - please add
  • elsbbels
    elsbbels Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 :) feel free to add :D got about 26lbs to lose xxx
  • I3ernadette
    I3ernadette Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey. I like to say I'm 5'11" (if I stand up reeeeal straight) and I've got 48 painful pounds left. Add away :D
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    oooh ! tall girls ! :smile: :love:
  • junctiongirl
    junctiongirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11. Anyone ever feel extra big weight wise just because your taller?
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and from Canada.
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 5'10 from the UK...been on MFP for a year now, and 60 lb down, 16 lb to go. I've lost count of the number of plateau's and stalls in my weight loss in that time...the longest was over two months. I also gained back 7 lb OVERNIGHT one night in December for no apparent reason and had to lose it 1 lb at a time, all over again! :explode:

Am always happy to have new friends to support and cheer on if anyone wants to add me. I always do my best to interact with everyone on my friends list :flowerforyou:
  • vtladydiver
    vtladydiver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 10.5" I was 237 @ my heaviest. I am trying to get back to a healthy weight (ideally 175.) I have lost 11 lbs. so far, need to drop another 40-50. I can't dine with friends who aren't eating healthy, I can't shop with my shorter girl friends who all wear single digit sizes. I could really use the support of other Tall Ladies who understand that my goal of a size 12 is normal, not huge. Even getting back into a 14 would be a victory. Feeling a bit isolated in my fitness journey.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10" as well. currently 151 and trying to get down to 140.
  • jscvet12
    jscvet12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5ft9 and from the UK, add me as a friend if you like! After a few false starts and actually gaining further weight from my start weight on here (:() I've been on track for the last 3 weeks and lost 11lbs so far! But a long way to go and friends along the journey are great!
  • samanthacohoe
    Options
    I'm 5'10, currently 204 pounds, 231 at my highest (post-pregnancy). Feel free to add me. I eat low carb, but I do try to stay under my calories as well.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" from the US. I have about 25 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and I have lost 100lbs since my highest weight of 298. 72 of them have been since October 1st, 2012, when I joined MFP. Feel free to add me. My diary is open to my friends, but I am not an adherent of perfectly clean eating, so you'll see some junk food and high sodium days. For me, this is a lifestyle change and I am not willing to give up treats for the rest of my life. I think more in the terms of a weekly average deficit, so I have some under days and some over days. I have been toying with the idea of a spike day or even trying Intermittent Fasting, but I haven't plateaued yet... I believe in the old saying: if it works, don't fix it.
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5". I would like to lose about 50-60 more pounds. I'm always looking for new friends. Feel free to add me.