Girls 5'10 + needed as friends/weight loss stories

Options

Replies

• Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    5'10 here! When I notice I'm slowing down a bit on the weight loss I change up my workout routine! Even if that means upping the intensity at intervals. You body can be come laxed and go into a "groove". Also, look at your diet. Sometimes just because your in your calorie limit doesn't mean you aren't holding yourself back. It's okay to have pizza, and sweets from time to time but every day can cause problems. For instance, most people don't know that eating to much processed sugar can cause water retention! for every one molecule of sugar, your body needs two molecules of water to break it down. Sugar isn't necessarily the enemy, but it shouldn't be enjoyed to excess. Just something I've learned along the way! And not all carbs are created equal! Processed carbs take so long to break down that they will become sugar and essentially fat in the body. Anyways, keep pushing forward! The scale will move again! Good luck!
  • juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    sent you a request! :-)
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Im from Louisiana and I am 5'10 with 45lbs more to lose. Add me if you would like to be motivated and motivate me..
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and have lost about 120, with 18 left to go to my goal weight. I lost a 130 in 2009-2010 - took me about a year, then I stayed at that weight for about a year. Then I trained for and completed a triathlon, was working out so much that I ate more and was good. Triathlon was over, I still ate I gained 10 back.....having a heck of a time trying to get it off, but I will. I just need to get my head back in the game and clean my diet up again. I am happy with my fitness level and I keep progressing there, I just like food too much.
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    hello 5'9.5 here from us... i am down 64 lbs from my highest weight 278 .. hit 214 this morning... have 44lbs to go... feel free for anyone to add... i am on here daily just hit 105 days on MFP and have lost 44lbs in that time the other 20 were since november 2012. my food diary is open i am not on any special diet or taking any medication just counting calories and working out to accommodate my splurges when i have them ;-) My workout of choice is the elliptical for 30 min daily and i also enjoy doing les mills combat in the afternoon. am just starting to do light weights to tone up the arms back and shoulders. I also am doing a 30 day squat challenge at the moment... on day 11. Good luck everyone
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" in the US. Down 80+ lbs, I'm only letting my doctor weigh me but I think I dropped a few pounds since she weighed me 3.5 weeks ago. I've got another 50 or so pounds to lose. It is funny how much weight a tall person can carry making weight loss a LONG journey. My ideal weight is about 150 lbs but I'll be pleased to hit 175. I'm a pear shape so I appear to be lighter than I am. One nurse asked me if I had rocks in my pocket. :laugh:

My 30-60 minute daily exercise routine is mainly cycling because of ankle and foot problems but it is working for me. The weather is getting better so I may take up riding, doctor permitting. (A horse will be happier with my weight loss. :bigsmile: )

I keep my diary open to friends. Feel free to add me if you do the same. New food choices motivate me.
  • hendelk
    hendelk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11. Anyone ever feel extra big weight wise just because your taller?

^This!
    I'm 5'10" and have always wanted to feel small and petite, but as I've gotten older have realized that is not going to happen! So now I'm just working on feeling happy with what God gave me and making myself the best "ME" I can be!
  • junctiongirl
    junctiongirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options

^This!
    I'm 5'10" and have always wanted to feel small and petite, but as I've gotten older have realized that is not going to happen! So now I'm just working on feeling happy with what God gave me and making myself the best "ME" I can be!

Glad to know its not just me! I get really hard on myself sometimes thinking I will never be as small as so and so, so why bother! So frustrating!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i also feel extra big just cause I tower people, so I so hear that!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and have lost ~30lbs to reach my goal of 130lbs. You can add me, or just snoop my diary :)
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options

^This!

Yes. I may be having a "good day" and then a normal or petite girl walks into the bathroom next to me and I see how big I still am. I will always be big. I will never not feel big. Even with all the weight gone. 5'9.5 here.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I may be having a "good day" and then a normal or petite girl walks into the bathroom next to me and I see how big I still am. I will always be big. I will never not feel big. Even with all the weight gone. 5'9.5 here.

Yep, even at 115lbs I felt ginormous next to other girls. I never felt tall, just big. For some reason I couldn't tell the difference when I was younger. Now I do :)
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'9" even 5'9.5" if I stand up really really straight. :laugh:

SW- 310 lbs
    CW- 270-275 lbs (stupid scale fluctuations)
    GW- 170 lbs

Anyone feel free to add me, I love new friends, and love to motivate people!
    Cheers everyone! :drinker:
  • msmichydo
    msmichydo Posts: 55 Member
    Options

^This!

Yes. I may be having a "good day" and then a normal or petite girl walks into the bathroom next to me and I see how big I still am. I will always be big. I will never not feel big. Even with all the weight gone. 5'9.5 here.

Holy crap, same here! I've always been the tallest in my classes in elementary school and got bullied for it. Some people I used to know would make me feel insecure about my weight/height because they bragged about how great it is to be petite/short. Most days I feel okay being my height (5'9.5"), but sometimes, and especially where I am from (Vancouver, Canada), there are so many shorter women than me and a lot of men love that here, so I definitely feel self-conscious from time to time.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10.75" and ultimately started at about 359 in January 2012, got down to about 261 by September, and fell off shortly after that. I restarted about 8 weeks ago, at 291, and am now at about 273 (but my weigh-in's Friday, so hopefully less!). My current goal is just to be down to 265 by June 28th. I also eat low carb, and that's how I've done things for the most part over my entire journey, other than the latter bit of last year's success, and of course when I fell off the wagon. My ultimate goal is somewhere around 170, but I'm aiming to be down to at least 214 by the end of this year.

Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm trying to get back on the wagon. Been attempting for ages, but I always fall off the wagon aftar about... one day.

5'10. I've lost 8 and am hoping for another 20-25 more, then I'd like to try and bulk... then diet again, never ending cycle :p

The good thing about being tall is extra weight can be hidden pretty easily... the bad thing, is you then work your butt off and it takes forever for any weight loss to be seen!

Like my dad said when he lost 10lbs... like throwing a stone off a mountain :p
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Weeeeeeeeeeeee! Tall ladies unite!

5'10 here
    HW/SW 266
    And I want to lose 90-105 ish lbs. Depending on what fits into what places when I get there. It's more of a general goal until I get close, then whatever looks right.

ADD ME!
  • ciarabrennan7
    ciarabrennan7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.75 haha so close enough to 5'10.

I started at 235 and now I'm down to about 170. I started last July but got serious about it in January.
    It is so worth it. I feel great now since I got those pounds off. Hoping to get rid of another 15lbs before I start maintenance.
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Stacey 5' 10", hailing from greater Cincinnati, Ohio(US). I started at 282lbs in January 2012. I loss 10lbs and joined MFP in May of 2012. As of this past Friday, I weigh in at 211lbs, that's a 71lb loss. I lost a majority of of my weight last spring/summer. Down to 214lbs, gained 10+ lbs back after the holiday and shed that over the past two months. Anyways, I have a goal weight of 170-180lbs and I still need motivation and support. Right now, I'm losing about 1lb a week eating 1800 calories and walking at least one hour, 4 - 5 days a week.
    Oh, and because everything is better with pictures!

378015_317720388261053_683773710_n.jpg

ec063f1f-d522-40b1-93e3-ab696568d1ca.jpg
    211 lbs

2da39b4b-c0ea-4702-8bd1-b01c94c7e058.jpg
  • jbeanv
    jbeanv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm 5'11" started at 258, down to 227...STUCK as can be right now, have been for a good month. Just started to kick up my exercising, hoping that helps. I've been stuck within 5 lbs or so.

Feel free to friend me!