Now i know why most avoid leg day at the gym...

Options
124»

Replies

• californiabella
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQfw3KYOVo9UBNjZCQTzzc1vdVs_Vr_RyPkYwtwrgSqdXLKO0

#saved just for this photo. lolz
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I hate leg day! I avoid weights because of it bump to get over my phobia
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Is there any pattern how often the DOMS sufferers checking in here train legs? I've had advice that frequency reduces DOMS.

Perhaps spread your leg training over 3 days a week rather than 2, or heavens forbid 1.

I would suggest that you get hit with DOMS when you change your routine to up the frequency.

I don't have a leg day per se. I train in cycles for the lifts. As I approach a meet, the intensity (weight) increases and the volume decreases. After a meet, it changes to lower intensity and higher volume. Every single time I make this change, I get hit with DOMS. This is years of training. However, DOMS isn't an issue going the other direction, heavier weight, lower volume.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    super sore.... my lord... though it has been almost over a year of working out in the gym, legs are always my hardest....

seeing these big gorilla looking mofos at the gym, they mostly have skinny legs...

so uneven.. but i guess its because they hate leg day...

im not stopping but its funny how the soreness probably discourages many to work out the legs

what say you..
    For those guys, every day is upper body day.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sauci
    sauci Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever pushed it so hard on leg day that when you walked down stairs your legs gave out a little bit on you?

That's when you know you pushed it hard.

That and puking.

yes this is me... sliding down the stairs on my ar$e because of the pain. will it ever go?