Jillian Michael's 30 day shred :-)

Options

Replies

• justkate88
    Options
    is there alot of cardiop on this?
    i tried her body revoution set that cost 150.00 and tore my meniscus in my knee, had to have surgery and am never going to be able to function normally again with that leg...i need to do SOMETHING tho.....please let me know!

I'm recovering from a badly injured knee, I ruptured all but one of my ligaments. I'm awaiting reconstructive surgery later in the year. I also have hypermobility syndrome which means I can't do anything too high impact, especially with my arms as my shoulders are prone to dislocation.

I am doing the 30DS, I am only on level one, so can't comment on how the other levels are - but in Level one I have had to modify a lot of the cardio. I can't do anything that requires jumping (so the jumping jacks, skipping jumps and butt kicks) but instead I just do things I can do (jumping jack arms, whilst stepping side-to-side, or the boxing move, which I can do). Just try it and see what you can do. I never dreamed I'd be able to do as much as I can do, and wish I had tried sooner.
  • debbieled32
    Options
    doing it now plus some of her other dvd's. i tend to get work out bored and quite. but i love jillians dvd's. keep it up we can do this
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am this will be my second go around, and well loving my results:)
  • Nyx192
    Nyx192 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Make sure you post results! :) I have it sat on my HD but injuries and final month of a degree prevent me from starting it for about a month but after that I'm gonna do it! Really excited for it :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, I'm on week 3 and level two. It's awesome, I'm loving it and totally seeing results! I have already noticed how much stronger I am.

Also I'm new on here so any new friends are welcome!!! :)

Ditto here, I became so much stronger, it really helped my golf game a lot!
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just bought the videos but not sure when to start level 2 or 3. How long are we suppose to go each level for?

You do each level for 10 days x 3 levels to equal 30 days, hense, 30 Day Shred
    start with level 1 and then in 10 days do level 2 then in 10 more days do level 3
    I did it with taking a rest day Saturdays and it worked great, going to start again tonight!
  • Krithikaprem
    Options
    Wow, thanks ladies for all the posts :-), I did not think anyone will reply...and I'm so glad we already have a club!! It will be lovely to motivate each other....I'ms till waiting for the DVD to come, hopefully should come tomorrow or the day after...my first workout on Friday.....Too excited :-).:smile:
  • lblb20
    lblb20 Posts: 3
    Options
    Im on day 6 of level 1 :) if anyone knows how much i should be aiming to lose inches wise on the program I would greatly appreciate it :) I weigh 130 pounds and am 5'7 but am trying to focus on toning rather than losing much weight xo
  • aperradise
    aperradise Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first day of level one. WOW, my muscles are shaking. I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see results. I plan to do it every day.
  • CUScka
    CUScka Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How are you guys tracking your Shred workouts???
  • aperradise
    Options

I'm tracking it as circuit training. I've read that some track it that way while others track it as aerobic.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    This is my second time through it and I do it every day!!! I love seeing my pants get loose & losser through the program!! I've heard you are to take a break, but this time around I am not doing much else but the 30DS so I am plowing through it!!

Malo, sticky rice.:)

Agreed. I finished my first time through yesterday. I'm going to start second time around tomorrow. I missed one day and this time I don't plan to miss any. During the first round, I occasionally would add a little to each workout; for example, after finishing a level two workout, I flipped back in the DVD and did 15 minutes of the first level. Those days were challenging, but fun. I'll try to throw that variation in a few more times in this second time through...especially if I'm able to do all of Natalie's tougher, full movements. My goal is that by my third or fourth time through the 30DS, I'll be able to do all the tough moves AND add on a few more minutes every day. :)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options

I was tracking each workout as 20 minutes of circuit training. I was concerned about accuracy of MFPs calculation of my calorie burn so I bought a heart rate monitor. My application of the 20 Min Cir on MFP was fairly close for me (within 50 calories) but I'm happy to have my HRM now and have better accuracy. I'm 6'0", 275 lbs with a lean body mass of around 180, and I burn around 350-370 for each workout.
  • cluelessang
    cluelessang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it before, but it seems like everyone is raving about it. Think I will give it a try.
  • Suem59
    Suem59 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi. I started this (age 54) and am on day 4 of level 3 - its a killer but SO worth it - am seeing real results in clothes loose and some weight loss as i am following a diet as well. I will certainly keep it up - not sure if you start at level 1 again or carry on doing level 3 .. anyone know? oh, and add me if you want too!
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    DO IT.! haha. I can only say I got good things from doin' it and I am only on level2 day5.! Even when you start to think she is crazy, do it. so worth all the pain. :D
  • CUScka
    CUScka Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    how many days are you suppose to stay on each level?
  • aperradise
    Options
    how many days are you suppose to stay on each level?

10 days on each level. :)
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am doing the 30 day shred too. I"m on day 18 so I'll be starting level 3 in a few days. I have already lost a few inches. Haven't stepped on the scale, mainly because I would rather lose inches anyways. Level two is more intense cardio wise but I love it. So definitely do it! :)

I love the attitude you have about not stepping on the scale. I have adopted that attitude with this workout as well because I want my clothes to fit again and look great in my clothes and sometimes looking at the scale can discourage you. I don't want t be skinny, I want to be toned and fit. Can't wait to get to level 2.
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    i want to do this but i don't want to buy it. i know it's on youtube but i dont understand the different levels and where to find ALL the videos.