In love with relative of Deceased spouse.

Options
n2thenight24
n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
Scenario. Man dies, the two closest people to him wife and cousin (of the husband, not the wife you sickos), who is also his best friend; and resembles him very much, remain close. Bonded over this tragic loss. Wife and Husband have one child in common. Fast forward 6 or 7 years, wife and cousin realize that they have fallen in love with each other. Do they act on these feelings? Ignore them? For the wife, is this man just a pseudo replacement for the husband she so suddenly lost and so completely misses? Also, I wish I could say this is a hypothetical situation, but it is not, and I will pick and choose the advice that I relay.

Go....

Replies

• mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    To say that it is 6 or 7 years later and they are now in love its not a bad thing. Time has passed..they were there for eachother through the tragedy and reamined close. I would say that it is ok...he isn't trying to replace her husband..and he certainly isnt a rebound if it has been this length of time. Hope it works out for them.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I thought you meant like, falling in love with a deceased relative of a spouse. Misread the title. That would be far more interesting.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    To say that it is 6 or 7 years later and they are now in love its not a bad thing. Time has passed..they were there for eachother through the tragedy and reamined close. I would say that it is ok...he isn't trying to replace her husband..and he certainly isnt a rebound if it has been this length of time. Hope it works out for them.

THIS!
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    I thought you meant like, falling in love with a deceased relative of a spouse. Misread the title. That would be far more interesting.

Hmmmm, feeling a little necrophilia-ish today Six?
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to give a crap what others think. If it makes you both happy then go for it!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Why not? I'm surprised they waited 6-7 years.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Why not? I'm surprised they waited 6-7 years.

My sentiments exactly.
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Scott2ndGradeTeacher Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Is this the pilot for ABC's "Deceased Housewives"?
  • sixout
    Options

Today?
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mh80k8gxaJ1qz4rgp.gif
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Go for it.
  • n2thenight24
    Options

Today?

Ohhhh, that explains the whole "will you lay in the big tub of ice for me baby?" thing.
  • sixout
    Options
    Don't forget to wrap yourself in rotting meat first. It really adds to the appeal.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Btw, you lose the dance off.
  • sixout
    Options
    It's not noon yet.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    You're cutting it pretty darn close.
  • sixout
    Options
    I'm just going to blame it on the weather.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    steamy.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yes. Go for it. They've already wasted 5-6 years. It's time to get on with the show. There may be some people who talk, but talk is cheap. Rent isn't. And love is not around every corner. If the attraction and feelings are there why go looking for a needle in a haystack. Nobody is a blood relation it's fine.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think it might be prudent to solicit the opinion of the child. It's one thing to re-marry after your spouse's death. It's entirely another to marry your spouse's cousin and best friend who has, presumably, been in the child's life forever as a relative and not as a father figure.