C25K

Options
2»

Replies

• Beata375
    Beata375 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did day1 week 9 of c25k today. I run (well jogged - 5.6mph) for 30 mins strait. When I started on Feb 1 if someone would have told me that I would be able to do so, I would have thought they are crazy!!!! I barely could run for 30 secs.

CONGRATS! I feel the same way ~ I'm doing a similar program (mine is called :Get Running" but same concept. And I just said the same thing to my husband... I went from being so out of breath after a minute, yet yesterday I ran for 25 min straight :) (I'm on week 7) Congrats again! I feel so empowered and so proud of myself I want to sign up for a color run! or something fun like it!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

What app did you use? There are SO many out there.
    I am using Run Double. I love it. Next I am going to do 5k to 10k - same app

Is it a free app? I'm going to look into it. Thanks :)
    It has a 2 weeks free trial and then is $1.57
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

What app did you use? There are SO many out there.
    I am using Run Double. I love it. Next I am going to do 5k to 10k - same app

Is it a free app? I'm going to look into it. Thanks :)
    It has a 2 weeks free trial and then is $1.57

Ugh. I hate to spend even 1.57. I'm too poor and cheap. But maybe I will try the 2 week trial and see how I like it, then decide. I know it shouldn't be a big deal to spend that.
  • katswt
    katswt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just completed W4D1 tonight. Had to really push through that last 5 min jog but I did it! I agree that if you would have told me I could do this a month ago, I wouldn't have believed you!! I'm only at 4.3 mph...what speed are you all jogging at? Just wondering if I should speed it up a little bit.
  • hope002
    Options
    I just completed W4D1 tonight. Had to really push through that last 5 min jog but I did it! I agree that if you would have told me I could do this a month ago, I wouldn't have believed you!! I'm only at 4.3 mph...what speed are you all jogging at? Just wondering if I should speed it up a little bit.
    I did it at 5.6mph, but I am 5'10" and have long legs :)
  • katepsher
    katepsher Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I love seeing posts like this. I'm currently just done W4D3 (after a few tries - I was going too fast on my treadmill at 6.0 so finishing it was always a bit too hard, so I have been here for a couple weeks just to feel comfortable, then I realized I'd set my speed too high - first I need to work at being able to run, next I work on speeding up! After bumping it down to 5.5 I found it challenging but do-able). Way to go with completing the program. You're a runner! ;)
  • hope002
    Options
    Woohoo! I love seeing posts like this. I'm currently just done W4D3 (after a few tries - I was going too fast on my treadmill at 6.0 so finishing it was always a bit too hard, so I have been here for a couple weeks just to feel comfortable, then I realized I'd set my speed too high - first I need to work at being able to run, next I work on speeding up! After bumping it down to 5.5 I found it challenging but do-able). Way to go with completing the program. You're a runner! ;)
    I can't say I am a runner yet, I am always hard on myself. When I will be able to run 30mins at 6mph - then I will be a runner :)
  • tiffanyjofisher3
    tiffanyjofisher3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I start this program tomorrow and I can't wait after seeing all of these posts :)
  • hope002
    Options
    I start this program tomorrow and I can't wait after seeing all of these posts :)
    Good luck!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!