If You're Struggling To Lose Weight This May Be Why

Options
124»

Replies

• jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to think that just by licking the spoon after you scoop the peanut butter could drastically stall your weight loss, and if you're eating at maintainence you are at risk of GAINING weight, up to 18 lbs a year.

I weigh the spoon first!
  • amandacillin
    amandacillin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Working my butt off for 3 months and measuring today to find out I only lost 6 inches overall :/
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yup that does some up quite a few reasons people don't lose but also because IMO people are being too forgiving in their calories burned. I have talked to / seen people who get on a treadmill and if it says 600 calories burned that is what hey write down. That might be good for a guess but combine that with these other videos showing guesses or whatever you want to call it and you eat more and don't burn as much as you might think.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Working my butt off for 3 months and measuring today to find out I only lost 6 inches overall :/

6 inches is a lot to lose
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amandacillin
    Options

6 inches is a lot
    [/quote
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    This is why I always weigh everything and I rarely dine out; it's a special occasion or simply an unavoidable accident that I dine out. I've actually always found it remarkable when someone tells me they're doing everything right and I ask if they weigh their food and ingredients...99% of the time, the answer is no...ergo, you are not doing everything right. Eyeballing portions is just a big fat invitation to for calorie creep in your diet.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

6 inches is a lot

No doubt!
  • amandacillin
    Options
    At least its something. It was my first 3 months since beginning my journey so I expected more than losing only 6 lbs and 6 inches. My endurance however has skyrocketed so that's something :)
  • initforlife_cc
    Options
    Great videos...especially the second one, thanks for sharing!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Very informative. I'm a huge fan of the scale, it's better than measuring cups any day.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump