Weigh-ins

Options
13»

Replies

• bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Once a month or less.
    For me personally, weighing in more than that is counter-productive. I go more by measurements (also taken monthly), how I feel, how my clothing fits, and most importantly progress photos!
  • Arianna52
    Arianna52 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what suits you. I prefer to weigh daily, and then I EXPECT to not have lost, or to see a gain now and then due to normal fluctuations. Then instead of looking at two weights, I look at the chart for the month, or the past 3 months. I'm a slow loser and I often wouldn't see any progress if I weighed once a week, whereas weighing daily I don't get disappointed because I know it's too short a time to see any progress! But I know this doesn't suit most people.

I agree with laceybrobie on weighing 3-4 times a week. It has worked for me. I am too a slow loser, and need constant reminder of how much I weigh; that makes me have more self-control during the day.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh several times a day in the beginning. I knew our bodies naturally fluctuate and I wanted to see how mine did so I could stop obsessing over 1-2 pounds either direction. I discovered I fluctuate up to 6 pounds a day!

So, over time I went from many times a day to once a day to once a week and now to once a month. I have to admit I have my hubby hide the scale because sometimes I just cannot help myself! I also measure once a month.
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I can handle the day-to-day fluctuations and look at the overall trend.
  • itbepanda
    itbepanda Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm OCD, and since I got an accurate scale it's been very hard for me to resist the urge to hop on the scale every day. It would be very interesting to me to watch the fluctuations, but I also know that I would be disheartened by the higher numbers (even knowing that they're normal). Instead I try to channel my obsessiveness on the certain day I'm going to log the weight.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Those who want to lose 2.5 Lbs to look better in swimsuits on a beach will tell you that weighing once per week is just fine. Their priorities are different from those who want to lose weight for a health reasons.

Weigh-in every day. Weigh-in twice per day. Weigh in as often as you need till you know how your weight fluctuates based on your diet and exercise.
  • Vigdaly
    Vigdaly Posts: 2
    Options
    I heard you should only weigh yourself once a week because weight fluctuates, but I weigh myself twice a week as am addicted to the scale. I do it every Monday and every Friday....because weekends tend to be hard on my diet....
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but i only log once a week