What do YOU have on your porridge/oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• Snookyputz
    Options
    Apple Butter! I put about 3 tbsp on it and its absolutely delicious :smile:
    Here is the recipe, I substitute splenda for the sugar.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/all-day-apple-butter/
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Milk salt and a little brown sugar ;-)
  • theconstantgardener
    theconstantgardener Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I make it with water (just prefer it) and then add a couple of teaspoons of instant diet hot chocolate e.g options so it goes all chocolatey and nom. Tried this with porridge with milk in as well but for some reason doesn't work as well it goes too creamy so can't taste the chocolate
  • Sweatintobooksontape
    Options
    Heres a low fat, high protein option. Quick and easy and will keep you full (especially if you throw in some healthy fats like almonds)

40 g Old Fashioned Oats
    1/2 skim milk
    17g (half scoop) Vanilla Protein Powder (Market Pantry)
    Salt (pinch)
    Cinnamon

Nutritional Value:
    Calories: 255
    Carbohydrate: 34 grams
    Fat: 3 grams
    Protein: 23 grams
  • Hitting60
    Options
    I buy frozen raspberies or mixed berries in Liddl or Aldi ( really cheap) and just add a few of those as I am cooking the porridge. No need to defrost first.. They make the porridge go a gorgeous pink colour!

I use almond milk instead of ordinary milk- it has far fewer calories, only about 30 calories for 200 mls.
    Almond milk also lasts longer in the fridge than ordinary milk.
  • helmsara
    helmsara Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Some coconut, walnuts, a little brown sugar, and some milk. I prefer steel cut oats unless I'm making refrigerator oatmeal. My fave refrigerator oatmeals are banana with chocolate and plain greek yogurt OR peaches, a touch of vanilla creamer, and plain greek yogurt.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I use Better Oats Raw Organic or Plain Oatmeal and Flax with water then stir in a teaspoon of organic peanut butter and raw honey.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    For me I'll either have a little bit of brown sugar (a teaspoon or so) and no sugar added maple syrup OR some frozen fruit (it thaws really quickly because the oatmeal is hot)
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    1 scoop of Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein -Double Rich Chocolate
    2 Tbsp of Creamy Peanut Butter
    2 Tbsp of Vanilla Almond Milk

AMAZEBALLS!!!!!!
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    lots of cinnamon little sugar and sometimes walnuts.:yawn:
  • nycsparkle21
    Options
    1/2 cup of thick rolled oats, 1 packet of truvia, and about 10-15 rasperries or blueberries or both.
  • wow29
    Options
    1 scoop of Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein -Double Rich Chocolate
    2 Tbsp of Creamy Peanut Butter
    2 Tbsp of Vanilla Almond Milk

AMAZEBALLS!!!!!!
    sounds good
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    Old fashioned oats with cinnamon and raisins. The raisins are all the sweetened it needs for me.
  • wow29
    Options
    bumpy bump
  • Barracuda365
    Options
    banana whey
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I add a handful of frozen raspberries or blueberries just as the end of cooking and it tastes like jam lumps, I love it. Also, I'll throw in a little flax or hemp hearts for protein and for a nutty flavour.
  • aylawill
    aylawill Posts: 65
    Options
    I usually add cinnamon, ground flax, sliced banana (or other fruit), a spoonful of almond butter, and a bit of almond milk. Occasionally I will add half a scoop of whey protein.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I always start my day with porridge made with almond milk + chopped banana. It's delicious! That combined with several cups of tea and a boiled egg sets me up for the morning. :)
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    After cooking it - I put some splenda, cinnamon and a dash of skim milk! I have just started using the old fashioned oats instead of the instant and I am in love!
  • broadway_Calls
    broadway_Calls Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have 'healthy' porridge and 'treat' porridge!
    Regular: ripe banana (melts in the microwave), almond milk, a few prunes, flaked almonds and a drizzle of honey
    Best porridge ever: ripe banana. Skim milk, Couple of spoons of nuttella, chocolate nesquik powder, broken up walnuts