What do YOU have on your porridge/oatmeal?

Options
12346»

Replies

• megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat steel cut oats and stir in a drizzle of agave nectar and then top with shredded unsweetened coconut and chopped mango (the little yellow ones. i don't like the reddish/green ones at much). DE-LISH!
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

I think traditionally you would boil it in a pan until the oats have soaked up all the fluid and it has a creamy texture. I can't stand the stuff made with water though, fair play to you!

Ah, I guess the oats become more bloated and softer? Mine's like a thick mushy muesli. Feels like I'm eating something with substance. :o)

It's a whole different animal. My granny used to say you know good porridge if you can spin it around in the bowl!

(She would soak hers overnight, and when it hits the cold bowl it solidifies. You could tip it upside down and it would be the same shape! But it was delicious, soft and glutinous in texture. Pour in a little cold milk and you could whirl it around in there like a spinning top.

Traditionally you would have had two separate bowls, one with porridge and the the other with milk. Dip your spoon into one then the other. I have no idea why..)
  • katen2002
    katen2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like mine with All Bran in it, it gives me the fibre and tastes really good x