5'10 women - how many calories do you intake?

Options

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    5'11'', take in 2100 calories. More important than height, I think is current weight and weight loss goal.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9'' and in order for me to lose weight I eat 1200 calories a day. I weigh 180 right now (just started this diet Monday). I have done this once before and went from 186 to 155 eating the 1200 a day. Good luck!

Stop this immediately. This is not a healthy calorie amount for your weight.

Simple math: TDEE -20% = calories you should eat. Absolute minimum is your BMR.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    5'9 - 52 years old - lost first 100 lbs by eating 1500 to 2000 calories (depending on how much I had exercised that day)

Stalled, and upped my calories - lost 12lbs so far eating between 2000 and 2300 calories a day......burning 500 to 700 calories 4 or 5 times a week .....weightloss is much slower - but it is going down slowly :-) On the days I am not lifting I still make sure I power walk 30 to 60 minutes

You dont have to eat 1200 calories a day - there are other options - just saying!!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to eat 2080 before exercise. 5'8 67.3 kg or 148 pounds. I have small wrists, so some say my frame is small. My target was 68 kg, but a good range is 66kg-72kg . I have an active job and I am currently set to active on here. I was lightly active, but kept losing. I think I burn more than some people when I am eating better because I move more.

Again everyone is different and you need to work out what works for you. My issue, lose and gain easy. Some people have different issues to that.
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I do understand how the site works. I eat 1500 calories a day and it is hard for me to eat that. I drink a lot of protein shakes etc. It works for me I can't speak for anyone else I was just saying what I did. But now since I see you can't respond on the posts and not be insulted or criticized I will keep my stories to myself.. Thank you

You mistake concern for your health for insult. I know that a lot of people say that they can't reach their calorie goal, but it really is not hard to throw in some peanut butter, nuts, avocado, yogurt etc which are all healthy high calorie options. And in all honesty since we are all here trying to lose weight, it means that at some point we were eating too much.

I assume that your goal is to eventually maintain a healthy weight for your frame. and I'm afraid that with eating so little now, once you switch to maintenance, your metabolism will be wrecked. I would love to be good support and appreciate good friends in return, so friend me and we could work on this journey together.
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm also surprised so many of you are eating so little ( 1200 calories) as well. But who am I to judge, I mean I've been there and done that and don't have good stories to tell about it. However, if you feel you are doing it the healthy way be my guest... just do a little more research if you already haven.t I'm 5'10 and 155 pounds and I make sure to consume no less than 1500 calories and most days its between 1500-1700. At 1200 calories i FELT like I was on a diet and soooo restricted. At 1500+ I can easily eat 3 meals and 2 snacks and not feel like I'm on a diet at all. I also run 5-6 days a week which might account for me not being able to maintain 1200 calories a day. I just want to let you lovely ladies know it IS possible to lose weight eating more than that :).
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    5'9, 161lbs netting about 1350, eating between 1500-1700. Losing just over 1/2 a pound a week.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    5'10"-ish (5'11" if I get a good night's sleep lol) and I TRY to eat between 1900-2200 calories a day, so I net between 1500-1800 after exercise. (Though, lately been eating much less because it's been warming up a little, and when the weather starts to get warmer I lose my appetite. I don't know why.) I'm fairly active on a daily basis since I teach swim lessons for work (year-round indoor pool) and I go to the gym 6 days a week. My BMR is 1650, and according to Scooby's Workshop ( http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ ) I should be eating 2100 to lose 1lb. a week.

Following this for the most part, I've lost 27lbs. in the past 3 months, going from 210 to 183. I still 28lbs. to go.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and eat 2000/day (gross, no eating exercise calories back). My TDEE is about 2400.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started at 184. I have lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks and I eat around 1300 a day but up it to 1500 two days a week - it's body confusion. It has worked well for me. I do Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and don't eat back my workout calories - good luck!!
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Usually a minimum of 2,000 to over 3,000 a day!!!!! I go on bike rides where I burn 1,000-3,000 calories a few times a week! :-) My BMR is about 1650.
  • HeatherNoyes
    HeatherNoyes Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and MFP has me eating 1760 cals a day and I have my profile set to lose 2 pounds per week. There are days I go over by a couple hundred and some days I come in under by a couple hundred. MFP set my calories based off my current weight.
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 11 and eat anywhere between 1500-1900 inactive to active. I started 1/4/13 and have lost 37 lbs to date.
  • jhealy1191
    jhealy1191 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and eat about 1200 on non-workout days. When I do hit the gym I eat around 1500-2000.
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5'10", SW 187, CW 168, GW 153. I have MFP set to 1 pound a week right now and it has me at 1650 calories per day. I'm not so patiently waiting for the weather to warm up so I can start running again. When i do, I'll probably go at about 18-1900 per day. I don't eat back exercise calories.

For the record, I don't buy into the TDEE thing. Tried it for a few weeks, gained weight like crazy. Might work for some, really didn't work for me!! :)
  • rkray3
    rkray3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and don't exercise, MFP has me set at 1310 calories per day, which for the most part I stay within. On the weekends, it's probably more like 1,500/day. I've lost 14 pounds since January 7th, so I'm averaging about 1.2 pounds lost per week. My starting weight was 169, current weight is 155, goal is 144.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    This thread is crazy. Est more.

I am 5'9" and eat about 1800 per day. Have been losing 1.5 lbs per week. I work out 5-6 times a week, but always have. I am a fit fat girl en route to just being fit (and less fat).
  • MSQUARED7
    MSQUARED7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump:glasses:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    My dietician has me on 1300cals
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I usually eat anywhere from 1500(non-workout days) to 1900(on workout days). On workout days I usually burn around 400 cals. Subtracting the 400 from my 1900 means I net around 1500 on workout days.

This is usually when I'm on track for eating and working out. Unfortunately, I haven't been on track lately, but I'm trying to get back in the groove of things. I swear this is the hardest part of it bc once I'm actually in the habit of working out and eating right its so much easier.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!