How much WATER do you drink?

Options
I see some people that drink like 10-16 glasses a day!I would never leave the bathroom if I did that LOL
I drink one coffee and a few green teas a day,so on top of that I aim for 6 glasses of water(not including what I drink when working out)

and I am still peeing alot :laugh:

Just curious how much you all drink?

:drinker:

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I average about 22-25 cups most days.

*edit: that's 8oz cups. My glasses are actually 18oz and I fill them almost all the way to the top (16oz) and drink it down 10-15x
  • nicoleknapp754
    Options
    I am diabetic so feel it is important to stay hydrated. I constantly have a glass of water or herbal tea beside me . I read that you should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day. I think it is especially important if you are wanting to lose weight -
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    between 12 and 16 glasses. my minimum is about 100 oz - that's 12.5 glasses. If it's a heavy cardio/running day I'll drink a lot more!

that's just water - I don't include teh water from coffee, tea, or what's added to my protein shakes (16oz)
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Monday through Friday I drink on average about 15 glass of water a day. On the weekends it's less because I'm moving around more and it's not right at my fingertips all day.
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    i try for around 6-8 a day... but i dont beat myself up if i dont get all 8 in... i just try to do better the next day :D
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I drink 80- 128 ounces a day. Plus a morning coffee and an evening tea, each 16 ounces.

I do Bikram yoga though, so I need to stay well hydrated.
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    I am diabetic so feel it is important to stay hydrated. I constantly have a glass of water or herbal tea beside me . I read that you should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day. I think it is especially important if you are wanting to lose weight -

^^^^ this is what ive always read
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I can't drink as much in winter, prefer to drink tea to keep warm lol. So winter 4-6 glasses, summer 6-10 glasses.

I find it weird when I see people drinking 15+ glasses, why would you need so much. Too much of anything can end up being bad for you.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I can't drink as much in winter, prefer to drink tea to keep warm lol. So winter 4-6 glasses, summer 6-10 glasses.

I find it weird when I see people drinking 15+ glasses, why would you need so much. Too much of anything can end up being bad for you.

half my body weight in oz of water is 117oz, I drink a little more than that what's the big deal? Why do you care?
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i have a 24oz water bottle at my desk and i fill it 3x/day.
  • cmcx3
    cmcx3 Posts: 22
    Options
    I follow the "divide your weight by 2, and that's how many fl oz of water you should drink a day" thing!
    so I TRY to drink 83floz a day. it is HARD. I know this sounds strange, but I find cold water to be nauseating. I can only drink it at room temperature! but when it comes to milk or juice or any other drink, I prefer it to be ice cold. how about them apples? ha!

oh, and when I first started drinking the proper amount of water a day, I was peeing every 5 minutes! it does subside though :)
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    On average 2-3 liters per day.
    And I do spend most of the day on the loo, lol sorry if that's TMI :drinker:
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options

It depends a lot on how active you are. After a 90 minute Bikram class I weigh 3-5 pounds less than before I started and that's not fat loss, that's all water! I need to replace that to stay well hydrated.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz water bottle that I fill up about 3 to 4 times a day. I think that is about 12-16 glasses a day.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    A whole fish tank full of water. If you get any fish on accident it is good for your macros.
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I DRINK AT LEAST 80 OZ OF WATER DAILY.
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't count, but it's pretty much all I drink... outside of a coffee in the am and occasionally a glass of skim milk or almond milk. I am curious as to how much I actually drink a day. Maybe I'll measure it today!
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I average about 6 liters a day (equivalent to about 24 glasses of water). My daily personal goal is 8 liters each day.
  • Bolton84
    Bolton84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    on weekdays i fill up a gallon jug (16 servings) and drink all of it, sometimes i finish it right before bed, sometimes i finish it earlier and then drink when im thirsty. on weekends i try and always carry a water bottle with me and drink it when i can.
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just over 3 litres.