As seen on TV!

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
What have you actually purchased from Infomercials?

After several years I got the Showtime Rotisserie. Used it twice. It's gone the way of the dodo.

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Pro Active. Didn't work for me.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    never.

my brother has. he bought a Shark carpet cleaner and a soda maker.

he likes and uses them both.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Nada....but I did buy that water hose thing from Wally-world. Works like it says.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    The Magic Bullet (the blender/chopper thing, just so we're clear) :wink:

I use it all the time.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    SHAKE WEIGHT!!!!

Just kidding. Nothing yet :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Food saver vacuum sealer ( not directly from infomercial, but because of ) one of the best purchases ever.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Never actually bought anything! I did buy a knock-off magic bullet from JCP and love it! 1 serving smoothies and margaritas make me happy :bigsmile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Nada....but I did buy that water hose thing from Wally-world. Works like it says.

No way! The one that fits in the flower pot? My husband always makes fun of it. It really works?!!??
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Food saver vacuum sealer ( not directly from infomercial, but because of ) one of the best purchases ever.

I bought one of these from a lady at my work cuz she never used hers. I loved it until I couldn't find the bag size I wanted locally and haven't used it in months..
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My forearms are getting huge!

tug_toner_GETfizzYcaL.jpg
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    never.

my brother has. he bought a Shark carpet cleaner and a soda maker.

he likes and uses them both.
    You know I DID buy a shark. But not because of the infomercial. That was just kind of an impulse purchase. But I like it.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i do have the food saver vac which i use quite often...and also a few showtime rotisseries. one in the house and one in the RV...yeah, i know...don't judge...lol
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Heel-tastic, waste of money from TV. I also bought it from the store and it was a bigger bottle for cheaper. It works pretty good.

I also really looked into ordering that pole dancing workout (don't remember the name) but the pole only held 200lbs.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Pajama jeans. I love them.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    For the WIN........Tug Toner
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I bought "Eggies". Too bad the commercials don't show that each eggie consists of 4 parts, that you have to spray each eggie with cooking spray before using them, and that you have to wash all 24 (6 eggies x 4 parts each) parts after boiling a measly 6 eggs. Needless to say, I used them once. And went back to boiling eggs the old-fashioned way. Eggie technology is just to damn time consuming.
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bought a salad cutter thingie that juliennes too. Used it once. It was really flimsy. Bought a hole-in-the-wall puncher for hubby. It didn't work at all, something was jammed inside. I think I may have actually learned my lesson LOL.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Never directly from an infomercial, but I've bought items advertised 'As Seen on TV!!"

Sham-Wow- total scam-wow
    Spray-on rubber sealant - verdict isn't out, used it once, it did a mediocre job, but husband did not follow directions, so I'm not entirely sure I can blame the product
    Ceramic knife and peeler - no better than regular knife/peeler, but I didn't pay any more for them that I would a regular knife/peeler, so it came out even
    Pocket-sized mag-light that pulls out, is flexible, and has magnetic ends - husband loves it, uses it everyday at work as a security system technician.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I haven't but my sister has. She got me a thigh master one year for xmas lol I broke the thing squeezing it too tightly. Snapped that sucker in half lol :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

No way! The one that fits in the flower pot? My husband always makes fun of it. It really works?!!??
    I really want this for the boat, but have been leery so far...would love to hear if the quality is decent?

I've bought a few 'seen on tv' beauty products like the "ped-egg' foot sander, and a couple of little items at Bed Bath & Beyond.

The biggest failure was "Pedi-Paws" (rotating motorized thing for filing your dog or cat's nails). Our dog tried to kill us when we turned it on and attempted to get it anywhere near her paws!

edited to add....I have the Food Saver vac sealer too. It was a wedding shower gift 3 years ago and we love, love, love it...use it all the time!!