Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    ShamWoW!! :laugh: They kinda work.
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    I bought the Food Lover for Life diet program, really learned a lot from it but their website forums eventually lead me here, to MFP lol.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought anything from infomercials.. my friend bought a shakeweight - even when I told him not to....

I watched the video that comes with it.. I couldn't keep a straight face through the whole video.
  • kwol18
    kwol18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    P90X so far the only thing that I've bought off TV that actually works.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Worth it. Works for everything I don't feel like dicing by hand.
    6529314556052p.jpg
    Didn't buy it after seeing it on TV, but it is an As Seen on TV product.
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Spray-on rubber sealant - verdict isn't out, used it once, it did a mediocre job, but husband did not follow directions, so I'm not entirely sure I can blame the product

My Bf loves this stuff, he says it works great (if it's the same stuff I'm thinking of)
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options

The biggest failure was "Pedi-Paws" (rotating motorized thing for filing your dog or cat's nails). Our dog tried to kill us when we turned it on and attempted to get it anywhere near her paws!

Oh yeah, forgot about the pedi-paws. My in-laws gave it to us because they had great success with their dogs, but ours went nuts. I also go those nail covers to put on cat claws (I can't remember what they were called) those were also epic fails...
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Food saver vacuum sealer ( not directly from infomercial, but because of ) one of the best purchases ever.

I bought one of these from a lady at my work cuz she never used hers. I loved it until I couldn't find the bag size I wanted locally and haven't used it in months..

We usually use the rolls and make our own sizes.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Vidalia onion chopper from Bed Bath and Beyond. Lasted about four years.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Slap Chop and some Quick Dry Mop thing.. The slap chop was working awesome until I broke it, guess you can't take your anger out when chopping.. And the Mop is a mop.. it dries and stores, guess its ok.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    P90X and Magic Bullet (original, and I'm talking about the blender just to be clear)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Magic bullet was the best! I got mine for my 22nd birthday and it lasted about 8 years. Used it for protein shakes and smoothies. It wasn't great at chopping ice.

Heal-tastic + Ped Egg = happy feet (I put on socks after I use the Heal-tastic)... BUT I find that using my fairy secret's lotion candle does a better job on my feet than the Heal-tastic
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Worth it. Works for everything I don't feel like dicing by hand.
    6529314556052p.jpg
    Didn't buy it after seeing it on TV, but it is an As Seen on TV product.
    oh, I have that too...have used it for years, and its awesome for chopping onions
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Magic Bullet: Works pretty good for homemade fresh salsa and milkshakes
    Insanity - Wife got it, I guess it's OK
    Proactive - Again, wife got it. I don't care about my pizza face
    Slap Chop - junk
    Corner painting thingy - Once I figured out the best form, it works pretty well.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I bought the Genie Bra's at Wal-Mart I love them! So comfortable and they do just what they claim. Even good support.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I've never actually bought anything off an infomercial, and I don't buy stuff because it was seen on TV (I don't even have TV service outside of Netflix), but I have bought a few things that I think were seen on TV. Most of it's been good, but some of it sucked.

One thing that REALLY sucked was some kind of microwave potato chip maker. I forget the name, but anyhow, I used it twice. The damn thing caught fire the second time!

A few other things that were cheap and broke or just plain sucked: Vidalia Chop Wizard, Quick Chop Gourmet..

The things I've got that I think had infomercials that I actually really like include: Black & Decker InfraWave Oven, FlavorWave Turbo Oven, Bowflex, Ninja Pro, Ninja Master Prep, Egg Genie, GooGone.

I'm sure there's more - like I said, I don't have TV service so I had to look up some lists of infomercials to figure out what I have/had that was featured in infomercials.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Shake Weight....:mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :noway: Returned for a full Refund!!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Food saver vacuum sealer ( not directly from infomercial, but because of ) one of the best purchases ever.

I bought one of these from a lady at my work cuz she never used hers. I loved it until I couldn't find the bag size I wanted locally and haven't used it in months..

We usually use the rolls and make our own sizes.

I'm totally incompetent and for the life of me can't figure out how to do the rolls.... I have one sitting in my cupboard too
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options

The biggest failure was "Pedi-Paws" (rotating motorized thing for filing your dog or cat's nails). Our dog tried to kill us when we turned it on and attempted to get it anywhere near her paws!

Oh yeah, forgot about the pedi-paws. My in-laws gave it to us because they had great success with their dogs, but ours went nuts. I also go those nail covers to put on cat claws (I can't remember what they were called) those were also epic fails...

I never saw the cat claw covers on tv but I bought some at petsmart and as long as I let a pro trim the cats claws and glue them on they are great! When the bf and I tried it by ourselves it was a major fail lol
  • mrsmol37
    mrsmol37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've purchaed Proactive. It's a wonderful product (for me at least). I've purchased Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Love it! I bought my daughter Stompeez, they stink. Again, I purchased my daughter a Dream Lites. It's a good product and she LOVES it! I think that is all.